Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed these on my 2013 Road Glide....I still have the stock head unit, was told I didn't need to replace the head unit as it's just as good if not better than aftermarket head units....

My question, is this really the case? sound is def better but I guess not as good as i expected since I paid a good amount for the speakers and amp... any thoughts/suggestions?? do i need a better head unit to get best sound out of the new speakers and amp or is there something else I need to tweak?

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
JM Rokker series 2 speaker & 330AMP kit with tweeters

John is good about answering questions. Yes you can use you stock
Head unit.

Could be your amp is not set correctly.

Posting for john.

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
jmoura22 ,,,,,,

I apologize for your disappointment ,,,,, please tell me more about the speakers you used and the grills for those speakers ,,,,,,

I will help you get this optimized ,,,,,,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reply John...much appreciated!!

This is what I bought and installed:

HC-330-RG J&M ROKKER Series 2 Speaker & 330 Amp Kit

HRRK-7252-RXX J&M Rokker XX 7.25" Fairing Speaker Kit

HRRK-GRTM J&M Rokker Series XX Grills w/TW-MD

JAMP-330HR06P J&M Rokker Series P330W 2Ch Amp Kit

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
jmoura22 ,,,,,,

what are using for a music source thru the Harley HK radio ? ,,,,,,,,

do you still have the J&M demo CD that was included with the speakers & amplifier ? ,,,,,,

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
jmoura22 ,,,,,,

what I am trying to ask is that with the HK radio are you using Harley's iPod adapter, XM radio module, FM stereo or something thru the front aux input ?,,,,,,

please slide in your J&M demo CD, go to track #2 and adjust the handlebar volume to maximum ,,, then please tell me how the system sounds ,,,,,,

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JM

I don't have any modules, every so often I'll plug my phone in thru the aux port but that's it...

I popped in the CD and it sounded fine, one thing I did find was the tweeter wire was going thru the middle of the front speakers so I rerouted it along the edge, not sure if that could cause it?

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
jmoura22 ,,,,,,,

are you saying that one of the grill tweeter wires is going thru the center of the speaker cone or around the edge ? ,,,,,,,

I am also going to help you with resetting the amp gain control once we deal with these other issues ,,,,,

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
OK ,,,, if you look at the side of the amp, there are a bunch of stickers covering the controls on the side ,,,,,

peel back the far LEFT side sticker exposing the tiny flat-head screw dial gain control ,,,,,,

memorize where it is, then with a small jewelers type screwdriver, rotate the screw clockwise ever so slightly ,,, ((not more than 15 minutes of a 12 hour clock dial face)) ,,,,,,,,

then listen to the system and if it is now too loud and distorted ,,, turn the gain screw back down where you started and try again ,,,,,,

but keep it reasonable please ,,,, as too much input gain and speaker life will be short ,,,,,,, just like an engine piston with too much boost pressure from the supercharger ,,,,,,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts