Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
John.

Looking at buying 250 watt amp, Model ESPA-1250, 7 1/4" speakers, model #40-451 (140 watts) with adapters, the bracket to mount.
I have HD Boom audio saddle bag lid speakers and OEM HK head unit with the appropriate harness.
Is this amp sufficient to drive these four speakers? Any special wiring/harnesses I need to hook up?
Thanks Steve

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Platinum69 ,,,,,

does your front/rear fader currently work on your HK radio between the fairing speakers and rear lid speakers ? ,,,,,,

I will help you get this right ,,,,,,,

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Platinum69 ,,,,,

does your front/rear fader currently work on your HK radio between the fairing speakers and rear lid speakers ? ,,,,,,

I will help you get this right ,,,,,,,
John, yes, it was a software fix done at the dealer.
Steve

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Platinum69,,,,,,,,,

the Harley BOOM speakers will have a hard time staying reliable when connected to the large J&M ROKKER amps, featuring 125w RMS per channel, into 2 ohms ,,,,,,,

take a look at this new J&M performance amplifier series we are releasing in March that feature 90w RMS per channel output ,,,,,, both two and four channel versions will be available ,,,,,,

not only are they significantly less expensive than the current ROKKER series, their slightly reduced power output will be easier on the harley BOOM speakers ,,,, yet sound and performance will be surprisingly close to the J&M ROKKER series ,,,,,

here is a sneak peek http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JMAA-1800HC06 ,,,,,,,,,

I would recommend one of the new 4-channel J&M amps, so that your front/rear fader capability is maintained ,,,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts