Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
118 HP - 95ci @ Joe's Cycle Repair dyno

I just got my dyno results from Joe's Cycle Repair in Mechanicsville NY. My build was on a 2005 Road Glide with a 95ci big bore kit. Andrews 54h cams. Dragula 2:1 with a 2.55 baffle. Screamin' Eagle heads that had some light porting done locally. Power Commander III. Zipper's Max Flow air cleaner. Stock throttle body was bored by Joe's.

Results: 118.8 horsepower and 110.6 torque !!!!!!!!!

I *never* dreamed my numbers would be that high.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
I thought happy when i first saw the numbers, and it may be, but not by alot. Look at the shape of the torque curve, you cant fake that, and when it carries it torque that high on the rpms its gonna make big hp numbers.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Heck if. Could have got those numbers out of 95" I would have never went to the 124". Enjoy it looks like a lot of fun....

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know much about engine building, to be honest, I think most of it was just a lucky mix of components. Charlie's Block Works in Ilion NY did the head work. He specializes in Kart racing motors. I think he will be surprised by these numbers also.

P

·
0 Posts
got yourself a nice dyno sheet,have it dyno`d elseware,i think they`ll come up with vastly different #`s.not buying the 118HP.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Joe's Cycle Repair is supposed to be reputable. I wasn't looking for high numbers, I was hoping to fall between 95-100.

Hillside is also a reputable shop not too far from me. He made comment above. I wonder if Scott thinks that it's accurate?

P

·
0 Posts
im not saying either are not reputable,scott & I are friends,but search thru other forums,you`ll find ALOT of guys saying the same thing,VERY happy dyno @ joes.easy enough to check,have it dyno tested elseware.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not spending the cash to have it run again. Bottom line for me is that my ride will be more spirited then when it was a stock 88ci. I don't race, I just wanted some more pep :)

·
Registered
449 Posts
I was talking to Joe today and he himself brought it up and discussed the talk about him putting out "happy dynos"...said that the SAE and STD help tell the story on a dyno sheet...paraphrasing, so I hope I'm not mistaken with what he said...regardless, I'm sure you received a proper tune IMO.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Folks like to see the sae numbers in order to compare.
Joe's brother Larry, is picking up 2 bikes from us this morning for tuning.
A 124"er going to NH, and a 98"er going to Mass.:)
Scott

·
Registered
307 Posts
im not saying either are not reputable,scott & I are friends,but search thru other forums,you`ll find ALOT of guys saying the same thing,VERY happy dyno @ joes.easy enough to check,have it dyno tested elseware.
I have a Hillside 98" and I did have it dyno'd at another shop it did 118 hp and 108 tq sae so I wouldn't say its out of the realm of possibilities. Maybe Joe has that ability to get every bit of power available.
I've had him do a few bikes for me and they ran extremely well,taking another up next week

1 - 20 of 22 Posts