Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey John,

I have a 2011 RGC. last year i installed the 7.25 fairing speakers with the 250 watt amp. I just had the Harley saddlebag lid speakers installed. I also bought your 500 watt amp. Im in the process of purchasing your saddlebag woofers. How would you hook this up to get the best sound possible? I willing be running it all from the sony dsx 310 radio. HELP PLEASE

Thanks,

Eddie

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Eddie,,,,,,,

You would connect the 'J&M fairing speakers together in series with the Harley lid speakers,,,,,,,,, and adjust amp gains on the front channels accordingly ,,,,,

Then connect the rear subs to the rear channels of the 'J&M amp, switch the rear channels to subwoofer mode, and adjust as per our video on that subject ,,,,,,,,

Just let me know how I can be of assistance ,,,,,,

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
BillyBob ,,,,,,,,

personally, I would not do lids and subwoofers together ,,,,,, usually one or the other works the best ,,,,,,

shoot me an email direct at [email protected] and we can talk more about this ,,,,,,,

also remember ,,,,

90% of what you are going to hear at 75+ mph on the highway, is going to be from speakers mounted in front of you, not behind you ,,,,,

I would upgrade your system by the following steps to maximize the sound per $$$ spent ,,,,,

Upgrade the stock fairing speakers first ,,,, ((and of course the J&M 7.25" speakers are a great choice, either the 'J&M Performance series or the ROKKER XT series)) ,,,,,

then add an amp to the upgraded fairing speakers ,,,,,,,, the more power the amp provides, the louder the sound, as a "general" rule ,,,,,

then add lower fairing speakers, the larger the better, and connect them also to the amp ,,,,,, (((a four channel amp connected to the 4 upper & lower fairing speakers will be slightly louder than using a two channel amp of the same power output)) ,,,,,

when you have all of that accomplished, then it makes sense to start putting $$$ into rear pod or saddlebag speakers, subwoofers etc ,,,,

these videos will also offer more information ,,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmzDOMX32gA ,,,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJj7CrxUTts ,,,,,,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts