Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take off work on Friday and rode into Johnstown with a good friend for the day. Spotted more Road Glides than I could count both on the road and parked. When I was getting ready to leave town and grab a bite to eat, I ran into my cousin, he just bought himself a 2007 Softail. Anyway, it was a beautiful day to be on the bike and at Thunder in the Valley. Hope others on here that were there can add to this thread with some of their own pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike was making a noise coming from the primary on my way home from Johnstown. When I would pull up to a light and put the bike in neutral, it almost sounded like I was running an open primary with dry clutch type noise. Ended up running it over to my local dealer this am and it appears it may be the primary bearing going bad, tech said it's one of the worst he's ever heard...Great. Left the bike there and will pick up next week when done. Hopefully it's nothing more than just that, but he's going to check the compensator while in there for me. Here's a pic of the red RGU that they had on the floor. This bike did nothing for me in the pictures I have seen, but in person, I really liked it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
The repair cost would make a decent down payment, Jeff. Hope you get one or both on the road soon.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The repair cost would make a decent down payment, Jeff. Hope you get one or both on the road soon.
That was not the problem you had with your old bike was it??
I will post up a report once I know what's up with it.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I was there but didn't take a single picture. Didn't see anything worth taking a pic of downtown I guess. A lot of scary looking people though. I only spent 2-hours in Johnstown on Saturday . The rest of my time was spent riding the area. Not a whole heck of much going on in Johnstown while I was there. It was my first time, but one of my buddies said it was the least amount of people he has ever seen. Great roads and scenery around there.

I saw a lot of Roadglides out on the road also. Mostly the newer Rushmore versions. The secret must be out.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree about the scary people there. As you indicated, there is some good riding and scenery in that area. There is also some great places to eat if you enjoy some small rides out of town to get you there.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
That was not the problem you had with your old bike was it??
I will post up a report once I know what's up with it.
No, different problem. I feel sorry for the sucker from NY that bought it from my PA dealer.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked up my bike last night from dealership: new Inner Bearing/Race, new Roller Bearing, and new Compensator Rotor & Spring Assembly. All seems good now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts