Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woke up this morning and decided to put the heritage bars in thier rightful place. No issues but I notice there is a black small connector that runs on a separate wire off the main twist grip wires connector I did not remember unplugging this connector and did not see where it plugged into another hope it is just an extra connector.

·
Registered
585 Posts
found the same thing and considered that it may be used as a diagnostic or future build item. Would be inconvenient to pull the outer fairing to diagnose a bad FBW sensor, but who knows for real. I did reconnect it to the sensor and left the other end dangle.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
found the same thing and considered that it may be used as a diagnostic or future build item. Would be inconvenient to pull the outer fairing to diagnose a bad FBW sensor, but who knows for real. I did reconnect it to the sensor and left the other end dangle.
I think I figured it out. the FLHTK uses the same harness and comes with heated grips so I'm thinking it is for the heated grips. It always bugs me when i get done and have an extra connector and I don't remember seeing it LOL. I spent about an hour going thru all the wires and never found a mate to it LOL. I have a parts book and looked and that is when I noticed the flhtk had heated grips.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
all buttoned up. I had not problem putting the fairing back on without an extra set of hands, it fit right in place. I think it would be much tougher trying to work thru the headlight opening vs taking the fairing off. My dealer said they would do the install for $160 so I figured I for the four or so hours I took to install it I paid myself about $40 an hour.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts