Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ESP totaled the 103 and paid up this morning. Ordered the S&S T124LC in wrinkle black. Any advice appreciated. Switching to Powervision. Currently running Dragula but not sure if I need to order a bigger baffle. Now the wait. Anyone know if these motors are on the shelf and ship quick. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Your going to love it. I have the same motor. Don't go with a canned tune, get it dyno tuned. Don't waste your time. Find a local tuner in your area and call and ask them on which tuner they recommend,it will same you so much cash ( ask me how). I run th e dragula with the 2.55 baffle. I tried the 3inch but it was freaking LOUD.

Go with the 58mm throttle body and the 5.3 injectors Your going to need a clutch.Don't for any reason get the barnett scorpion. I'm using the stock clutch with the evolution clutch basket and the SE spring and the VP clutch hat.

GET IT TUNED!!!! after this you will have smiles for miles.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Pat - sounds like sound advice. I just replaced the clutch plates and put the heavier spring in. It's all being done at my local Indy so I'm confident in their mechanical skills - they've built other motors for me - but I will call the local tuner and see what they say about the tuner and I'll have them dyno it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just did the 124hc and count be happier. Did the full break in deal and have put 1000 miles on since the dyna tune. I had a 120r in that I blew up and honestly thought the 124 would be close to that but it is far superior. I do run the Scorpion clutch and have no issues with it. I also went with the 66 Throttle Hog with the 5.3 injectors. Power is crazy smooth whether hammering it or just cruising.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I just did the 124hc and count be happier. Did the full break in deal and have put 1000 miles on since the dyna tune. I had a 120r in that I blew up and honestly thought the 124 would be close to that but it is far superior. I do run the Scorpion clutch and have no issues with it. I also went with the 66 Throttle Hog with the 5.3 injectors. Power is crazy smooth whether hammering it or just cruising.
Cant upload Dyno sheet for some reason (probably because I am a moran) but 141 hp and 132 tq

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
ESP totaled the 103 and paid up this morning. Ordered the S&S T124LC in wrinkle black. Any advice appreciated. Switching to Powervision. Currently running Dragula but not sure if I need to order a bigger baffle. Now the wait. Anyone know if these motors are on the shelf and ship quick. Thanks in advance for any and all advice.
They seem to keep those in stock.
We just ordered 2, 124"ers, and a 143" as well.
Scott

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Thanks Pat - sounds like sound advice. I just replaced the clutch plates and put the heavier spring in. It's all being done at my local Indy so I'm confident in their mechanical skills - they've built other motors for me - but I will call the local tuner and see what they say about the tuner and I'll have them dyno it.
S&S has a Map for the PowerVision that is spot on (the Dragula might be the only bogie?)

The SE HD Spring and a Lockout for the clutch. (This setup was recommended to me by S&S, Baker, Fuelmoto, Oasis, and other reputable businesses that were not trying to sell me parts)

jmho, your results may vary...

Congrats on the new 124!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
S&S has a Map for the PowerVision that is spot on .

Not true. Not even close. Mine ran very hot and had driveabilty issues.

Spend the $$$ and get it tuned. You will thank me when you do. Don't spend all this money and cheap out on a 400.00 tune.

I tried a powervision with s&s can maps (a couple of them) I contacted dyno jet for a map and that ran like garbage.

I tried thundermax and that was a huge waste of cash.

Finally I contacted a local tuner and had him tune it with tts and this motor flat out runs like a champ. Great gas mileage( better than my brother stock 15 RG.

123hp 133tq with a slipping clutch. This is the LC motor.

Bottom line it doesn't matter with tuner you use just get it dyno tuned.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

Spend the $$$ and get it tuned. You will thank me when you do. Don't spend all this money and cheap out on a 400.00 tune.

I tried a powervision with s&s can maps (a couple of them) I contacted dyno jet for a map and that ran like garbage.

Finally I contacted a local tuner and had him tune it with tts and this motor flat out runs like a champ. Great gas mileage( better than my brother stock 15 RG.

Like I said; "your results may vary"...:D

·
Registered
98 Posts

Did it run like crap because of the Thundermax or did it run like crap because your tuner wasn't familiar with the Thundermax?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Did it run like crap because of the Thundermax or did it run like crap because your tuner wasn't familiar with the Thundermax?

It ran crap because of the thundermax. I followed dragos and thundermax instructions to a T. I was told by both of them to select a map close to what I have and ride. Dragos gave me a map and tmax gave me a map and both ran like garbage.I even talked to thundermax @ biketoberfest in Daytona about it. They told me to ride it more which I did about 1500 miles. It was 20hp and 23 tq lower on the dyno than a proper dyno tune. Would you like to see the dyno sheets? I can post them if you like.

·
Registered
98 Posts
It ran crap because of the thundermax. I followed dragos and thundermax instructions to a T. I was told by both of them to select a map close to what I have and ride. Dragos gave me a map and tmax gave me a map and both ran like garbage.I even talked to thundermax @ biketoberfest in Daytona about it. They told me to ride it more which I did about 1500 miles. It was 20hp and 23 tq lower on the dyno than a proper dyno tune. Would you like to see the dyno sheets? I can post them if you like.
So......did your tuner try to tune it with the Thundermax? Your comparing your results of a Thundermax with a canned map to a TTS that was properly tuned on a dyno with a guy that was knowledgable and comfortable with a TTS.Thats something you should have considered before you bought either Fuel Management System.You blame everyone but yourself.Then you tell others not to cheap out on a tune and you did exactly that.Why people spend thousands upon thousands on builds, motors ,etc. and want to trust a canned map or auto-tune is beyond me.Then when there bike runs like crap or worse they blame the manufacturer and the guy who gave them a map.Pay the money and get it tuned.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
So......did your tuner try to tune it with the Thundermax? Your comparing your results of a Thundermax with a canned map to a TTS that was properly tuned on a dyno with a guy that was knowledgable and comfortable with a TTS.Thats something you should have considered before you bought either Fuel Management System.You blame everyone but yourself.Then you tell others not to cheap out on a tune and you did exactly that.Why people spend thousands upon thousands on builds, motors ,etc. and want to trust a canned map or auto-tune is beyond me.Then when there bike runs like crap or worse they blame the manufacturer and the guy who gave them a map.Pay the money and get it tuned.
Yes I did try to cheap out on a dyno tune at first. I learned from my mistake and just passing on what I have learned.

The answer is no. I did not have the tuner tune with tmax. I didn't even ask him.I was so frustrated at this point I said F-it .At this point I was done with dragos and Tmax. I asked for help and received nothing. I just wanted the bike to run like it should. Do I blame Myself? Yes,I do I put the trust into two of our sponsers and I was let down. What did I do to fix the problem? I had a guy that knows what he's doing and I listened to him. Am I happy now? Hell yes!!! The bike runs amazing. Power everywhere and NO pinging and awesome mileage. What did I learn from this? ASK A LOCAL TUNER AND FOLLOW WHAT HE SAYS. This would of saved me a ton of money and headaches. Is this bad advise?

Go to the tmax website. Does it state "no dyno required "? Yes it does.it Says it on the GD box. It says it on their tent at the rallies. That's how they market it it and that's how there sellers sell it. It should say " for best results a dyno tune is required" Right?

It might of worked great for you but it didn't for me. I feel that I was lied to and ripped off. I'm sure if you were in my shoes you would feel the same. I was LIED to. When a company says that their product does something and it doesn't it's just wrong. Period!!

Next time you buy something and it doesn't work how it's marketed remember this conversation .

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I Read this and its like a broken record.
Pat I never lied to you.
When you bought tmax I stated over the phone I do not have a good map for S&S 124 low compression engine.
I also told you try the map and run a few auto tune on the add and I stated to you may have to get it tuned pat 123.
So if I lied tell me where..?
You asked me for help when I can not help you anymore then the map that was in it as a base map.
We have tuned many bikes from many people and have sold many tmax s on this forum with no issues.
You also ran into this issue with your power vision
I'm done with this.
What did you do with the tmax that you hate so much?
You had zippers and thunder heart help you.

The only thing I can do is tune it for you and I promise you 100% it would have made the same power and ran great 100%. Or I would have tuned it for free.
So again I never lied pat I was up front with you over the phone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.