Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These stock shocks have to go asap. Does the 12b sit much lower than stock while riding..i know its supposed to be 11 inches...any bottoming out. Not really sure I want the rear of the bike up another inch with the 13b even though they are at 12 inches or 11.8 while riding like the stock set up.

·
Registered
296 Posts
These stock shocks have to go asap. Does the 12b sit much lower than stock while riding..i know its supposed to be 11 inches...any bottoming out. Not really sure I want the rear of the bike up another inch with the 13b even though they are at 12 inches or 11.8 while riding like the stock set up.
Your Custom sits about an inch lower than my Ultra. I got the 13" JRI B's It didn't change my ride height, but improved the handling like you can't believe. Bottoming out is controlled by how you initially set up the spring pre-load. Follow the instructions given by Howard at Motorcyclemetal and you can't go wrong.

One satisfied customer.

John

·
Registered
296 Posts
More travel = more comfort! :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
For my '08 FLTR I chose to maintain the factory height. So 13" JRI B rear with matching Progressive Monotube in front. Outstanding ride, confirmed with 1,200 miles last month on twisty mountain roads in Colorado.

When I want to ride low and cool, cruising, I power up my 2000 Deuce. Too much chrome and good-ol-fashioned manual carb go-power. Varoom.

So I have the good fortune of having and continually improving purpose specific bikes. For me, one does not do it all. Not that I am rich; rather, I don't mind riding bikes or driving cars that have a lot of years and miles on the meter. Ymmv.

Your want or need circumstances may require a do-it-all. If so, then you must make compromises. Only you can weight the compromises.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Have you considered Ohlins ? Go with the Ohlins #3-#3 , great shock 12 3/4" long , kind of in the middle as far as height , JRi B's and Ohlins #3-#3 cost about the same

1 - 8 of 8 Posts