Finally installed... Obvious differences are as seen in the photos all comparisons are with the original steal body vs the new aluminum body JRI shocks. A smaller diameter main shaft with a much larger bottoming cushion, different mount bushings, dampening adjusters, preload collar and aluminum body instead of steal. They were supplied with .050" spacers to allow torsional movement, I found this spacer to not be adequate and had to purchase 10mm washers and drill them out to 1/2" to allow the proper spacing the 10mm washers I found had the same O.D. as the bushing, the luggage rack front C mount inhibits movement in my case. I removed the factory lock washer from the mounting bolt to ensure proper thread depth for the mounting bolts and replaced it with blue lock-tite. I would like to note this torsional movement spoken about in the directions is undetectable, trying to wiggle the shock back and forth once mounted, when and if this occurs I would like to see it... Also on my bike the mounting bosses were properly alighned and checked as per instructions. There are 90 adjustment clicks and after setting preload and a quick road test (30 out from max was preset) I found that the shocks were bottoming out on normal bumps and dips I quickly gave 4 more clicks of compression dampening and road the same road they did not bottom this time. I really would not have noticed this had I not left the zip tie on the shaft from setting the spring preload. Due to rain here in Ohio I will not get a chance to do an extensive road test for a day or two. Initial impression is ok at this point but can not say much more than that till I have had a chance to ride more I'll post a few more photos and update after a much more extensive road test.
80.4 KB Views: 215
81.4 KB Views: 238