Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not bailing yet ..

However , my company is the second largest in our industry , we were just bought by the largest for just over 8 billion smackers , big surprise out of left field for everyone outside corporate headquarters ..

Still has to be approved by the FTC ( cause the merger will give the company around 25-30% market share ) , and an article I read yesterday said that if it is approved , that in some areas they may have to shut facilities down ..

Even if we remain open , my job , which is done in house , is contracted out by the other company ..

Kinda sucks not knowing ..

Sposed to be finalized by the end of the third quarter next year

JtB

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Praying it works out for you. I have been through a "friendly" merger, the worst part is the stress of not knowing.

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Do you work for the airline industry? Either way it sucks, big companies merge then cut jobs or send them over seas, and everybody wonders why there's no loyalty and our economy sucks..... well I won't get started, I just hope all works out for you.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Jack,
It's no picnic going through changes that threaten your lively-hood. I hope you make out OK and things get back to normal. The world of huge corporations seems to be constantly changing, often not for the better.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Sorry to hear about the turmoil in your life, Jack. Hope it works out for the best for you and your family. Been through it myself. I feel for ya brother.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've been in a similar situation several times in the last 17 years, and I understand the different stresses it puts on a bread winner.
I feel for you bro. Hope you come out the other side shiny side up!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I've been through it several times too - and been involved in merging in minor ways. Best of wishes to you. Hope it creates a new opportunity for you!

·
Administrator
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you work for Sysco? I know they just bought us foods.

flip it , USFoods , 21 years this past October , been picking up backhauls for the past six years , Sysco doesn't use any of their driver force for dedicated backhauls ..

This is old hat more or less , when I started we were PYA/Monarch and owned by Sara Lee , that was great .. Then in 2000 or so Sara Lee sold off a bunch of companies , and we were bought by USFoods , then Royal Ahold in Swizzerland bought USFoods , and after the fact they found out the USFoods accountants used a different form of addition , than is generally accepted , and our retirement accounts were frozen for several years , even tho' the PYA/Monarch stuff was up to snuff , we got caught in the deal ..

We will see

JtB

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
flip it , USFoods , 21 years this past October , been picking up backhauls for the past six years , Sysco doesn't use any of their driver force for dedicated backhauls ..

This is old hat more or less , when I started we were PYA/Monarch and owned by Sara Lee , that was great .. Then in 2000 or so Sara Lee sold off a bunch of companies , and we were bought by USFoods , then Royal Ahold in Swizzerland bought USFoods , and after the fact they found out the USFoods accountants used a different form of addition , than is generally accepted , and our retirement accounts were frozen for several years , even tho' the PYA/Monarch stuff was up to snuff , we got caught in the deal ..

We will see

JtB
Got a buddy who works for US running a set from des moines to iowa city twice a night. Used to be dsm to omaha and only once a night... then US bought hawkeye foods and changed it up. Now that the merger is coming down the pike, sysco has a big warehouse in dsm and wont have a need to shuttle the freight. He is now looking for other gainful employ just incase.

Am I the only one that thought Shark Week was being postponed based on the title of the thread...
Yes

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Me three...I almost had a panic attack!!!

For me it was not just the title, but the author as well. Jack is an Admin, and I thought, perhaps, he knew something others did not. Although, I should have known I would have heard something from Tracy if it had been cancelled.

Panic over, clean up the dog mess and move on.

Speaking of dog piles, and Tracy. Saturday, 12/14/13 (cool number combo there) is her Birthday, let's all pile on!!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,518 Posts

We will see

JtB
Sorry to hear about this Jack. I think the hardest part would be the waiting. I drive for the T Marzetti company and this is something we think about all the time. Only 15 road trucks so the company could get rid of us anytime. Right now the only thing we have going for us is the fact that there's so many cheap freight haulers that take our loads and don't del on time. So a lot of our customers are requesting that we deliver them.

·
Administrator
10,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok guyz I slapped JtB on the wrist and corrected the title for the thread , no more heart attacks from ewe guyz

and it never crossed my pea brain that anyone wud see it that way

JtB

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Ok guyz I slapped JtB on the wrist
Does not count unless you do it with a dead fish.

Merger Politics sucks, no matter where you are when it hits. I've been hit by it too many times. Just remember this, anybody who does not think they work for themselves better think again.

Watch out for yourself, and I do believe we will be seeing you at SW IV... in New Hampshire!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts