Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going... to gatlinburg week of july 4th to get married and do some riding....my third trip to the area..

of course will hit the dragon...cheraola skyway and hywy 28 that follows river up to base of dragon(my fav road)

anyone got any other ideas for rides for us and maybe good steak house that doesnt cost the bank....LOL.... or good waterfalls in area?

i just love the area up there...spent most of my life in calif.....the area reminds me of the sierras....without the cliffs

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Just inside the park South of Gatlinburg going towards Cherokee, NC, take a right at the visitors center. The ride to Townsend is very senic. On the North side if Townsend pick up the Foothills Pkwy all the way to the North end of the Dragon. Head over to Cherokee and Maggie Valley and take in some of the Blue Ridge Pkwy. Have fun and be safe.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Waterfalls... south on 28 towards Franklin are several nice falls, including Bridal Falls which you can drive/ride under. You can loop back on Wayah Road (starts off of 64 just west of Franklin), Wayah is a great ride road that's VERY lightly traveled.
Congrats on the upcoming event!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
From Maggie Valley take a trip over to Waynesville and get on 276 south towards Brevard. Nice road that goes over the Parkway and then down past some falls and Sliding Rock.

FYI, both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge will be CROWDED during this time period, so expect traffic and delays.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From Maggie Valley take a trip over to Waynesville and get on 276 south towards Brevard. Nice road that goes over the Parkway and then down past some falls and Sliding Rock.

FYI, both Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge will be CROWDED during this time period, so expect traffic and delays.
Yes i am sure traffic will be bad....til get to park...not sure if way around downtown gatliburg or not....we will be in cabin just off main road in gatliburg

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
You can use 32, 339 (Foothills Pkwy), 73 or 32 in that order heading North on I-40. All of them connect up with 321 and end up about mid way through Gatlinburg. On the South side I would take 276 South from I-40 to 19 West through Maggie Valley. Then pick up the Blueridge Pkwy and you will end up on the North side of Cherokee. Then 441 through the park to Gatlinburg. Have a safe trip and I this helps.:)

·
Registered
983 Posts
going... to gatlinburg week of july 4th to get married and do some riding....my third trip to the area..

of course will hit the dragon...cheraola skyway and hywy 28 that follows river up to base of dragon(my fav road)

anyone got any other ideas for rides for us and maybe good steak house that doesnt cost the bank....LOL.... or good waterfalls in area?

i just love the area up there...spent most of my life in calif.....the area reminds me of the sierras....without the cliffs
You dropped that little fact about getting married into your post and it almost went right by me.

Congratulations. My regards to you and new Mrs.

- Bruce

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well one week before we leave :):) ty everyone for there ideas....gave me lot to consider.....

now just hope the weather cooperates LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts