Road Glide banner

July BOTM

9K views 66 replies 30 participants last post by  AirHog 
#1 ·
Welcome to the July Bike of the Month Competition!

Congratulations to our June BOTM winner, @Mike U

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The bike must be yours. Bikes waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your bike, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your bike*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second bike that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#13 ·
Congratulations on the BOTM win Mike. Thanks also for the build thread. It was great following along while you did the modifications to the bike and storage. It’s also good to witness the good and bad while in the process. Getting over the little hurdles just makes it that much sweeter in the end.

Reactions: Mike U
#14 ·
Thanks Kenny!
I appreciate it Brother.
It was My Pleasure listing the Build Thread and Thanks to All that followed along.
That’s just another reason this is “ The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Mike U.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
Congrats Mike :cool:(y)

Reactions: Mike U
#29 · (Edited)
Michael, great build thread with lots of documentation, great build, by a great member. I'm jealous that you have the mechanical skills to do everything but the paint/powder coating yourself .... and the damn thing still works! lol Plus, it's not often we're treated to a build thread that includes the build of the bike barn in addition to the bike! Ride her hard but safe!

#30 ·
Michael, great build thread with lots of documentation, great build, by a great member. I'm jealous that you have the mechanical skills to do everything but the paint/powder coating yourself .... and the damn thing still works! lol Plus, it's not often we're treated to a build thread that incudes the build of the bike barn in addition to the bike! Ride her hard but safe!
Thanks Kevin!
I appreciate it Brother.
Mike U.
I'm nominating you as an honorary member of the "Florida Ol' Farts Lunch Riders Club" so you're now free to call him "Hector".
Right On Unc!!!!
Mike U.

#39 ·
Well, I'm really out of touch here....just not enough time to keep up with everything happening in the forums. I knew Mike's Sinister Sister was in the June running....and what a superb custom bike it is. I just checked back in and confirmed the win...of which I had no doubt.

Mike....Thanks for taking us along for the ride. That's some serious and gorgeous iron you've built. Congratulations on the tiara ;) and thank you for sharing the good times here.

#40 · (Edited)
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Sky Automotive fuel system
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Plant
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

My favorite part of this bike is: This is my first Harley, (I have owned many other bikes) after getting married, multiple Army deployments, 3 kids, 2 businesses, I finally got the ok to buy this bad boy. It looked nothing like this when purchased. I've done most of the work myself besides the engine work and front suspension.

Upgrades: I'm probably forgetting a few.
Stage 5 110 tire shredder kit
Blacked out engine
Black forks with GP suspension adjustable mono tubes
Ohlins rear shocks
Cvo front fairing, with chopped crash bar
Kst customs black handle bars
Arlen Ness grips
Black stainless steel braided cables
talon wheels
Performance machine fork cans, shift linkage, horn cover, saddle bag hinges levers
Extended brake pedal and heel toe shifter
Harley cvo extended bags
Sinister sounds front speakers, ark audio 4 channel amp, American hard bag 6x9 lids with Hertz Millie pro speakers Sony 7000 radio
Harley alarm.
Harley defiance footboards front and rear
Vance and Hines headers
S&S slip ons
Vance and Hines power dual headers
Ciro taillight
Custom dynamics front turn signals
Corbin seat

Attachments

#43 · (Edited)

Keeping it old school - what the heck. Here's my 105th Anniversary Ultra. I go through a set of tires per season and the clock is currently at 95k kilometres and ticking. The bike has completed an Iron Butt and I take it out once per season on a 1-4k week-long ride to get the head cleared and the bike geared.

I've done a lot of upgrades along the way, almost all of them done in my garage and if not, I did them at someone else's garage. Most money is spent on improving the ride, but I have spent a little on bling along the way

Drivetrain:

110" Screaming Eagle, S&S 585G cams. S&S oil pump/lifters/push rods, Baker Street Door, Baker 6th Gear conversion, Sportsman Bandit Clutch, RB Racing Spyder 2:1 custom exhaust, AN reusable oil filter, Jagg 10 row oil cooler, Rock Out inserts/drilled rockers, TTS Master Tune with 105hp and 110tq

Comfort:

Saddlemen Road Sofa seat, custom 16" FMB Choppers bars, HD heated grips for the Canadian mornings, AquaticsAV stereo, Focal amp with Polk MM652 speakers all around, Yaffe hidden heal shifter, extended brake pedal, spaced floor boards, Pro Action rear shocks, Legend Axeo front cartridges, True Track for stability, all new mounts/stabilizers, Madstad wind screen (should have done this first), Koso digital small pod gauges, custom blue/red led speedo and tach

Bling:

CVO chrome rims, Trask Air Assault, Trask Cam cover, Barnett derby cover - I just like seeing everything spin round n round, horn replaced with a bottle opener - I need a bottle opener, custom copper shift linkage, custom gas cover, some silly blue lights to try to make me feel young (didn't work), LED lights all around with Dakota line leveler, Ciro Bag Blades, Kury Silhouette clutch/brake levers

Probably forgot a few things, but anyways, I've had my greasy fingers all over this thing and that will never change, this one is staying in the stable until I can no longer hold it up.

#51 · (Edited)
This is my 2018 RGS "Storm Trooper." What I favor most about this is the color. This is my around town bike. I wrench on it as much as my ability allows. I left the big stuff to the experts.

First was comfort.
16 inch BR Bars with large Avon memory foam grips. Mustang Super Touring Solo seat. Defiance collection driver floorboards, highway and shift pegs. Memphis Shades 6.5" spoiler windshield. Stage II front speaker and amp.

Cosmetic was next.
Color matched inner fairing from The Fairing Exchange. Klockwerks color matched wrapper front fender from The Factory Match. Chopped engine guard and fairing support. Had some custom paint laid down by a great indy shop Johnston Paint and Body, color matched heat shield, saddlebag levers, CVO fairing spoilers, or fangs, CVO style rear fender extension, strut covers, and welded the holes in the stock rear fender to resemble a CVO. 3D printed Bar and Shield on the tank. Two inch lowering springs in the forks and One inch lowering block in the rear. Black bolt kit from HD. Native Custom Bagger flush mount front axel. Custom Dynamics Halo headlight, taillights and windshield trim lighting. DD Custom front turn signals. Advanblack extended side covers.

Drivetrain
First I upgraded to "Stage II" Stock air cleaner with K&N air filter, S&S 475C cam with adjustable pushrods, decatted stock head pipe to CFR mufflers. After about 100 miles something happened and the block cracked below the VIN plate. HD said the block was from a "Bad Mold." Block was replaced and everything was reinstalled and bike rode great. The stage II 107 was very strong, then HD introduced the "Stage IV" 128 and 131 kits. I had to have it! After riding with the stage II awhile, ordered the 128 kit. Upgraded to the Extreme Ventilator air cleaner, 2020 oil pump, back to solid pushrods and Dynojet tuner. It was dyno tuned to 132/132. It is a blast to ride. The last cosmetic item is the custom128 Stage IV primary cover.

Being a solo bike, and having a wife that loves to ride with me, I dont get to take it out as much as I like too. When I do get to ride, it is a blast and gets quite a bit of attention.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.