Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,484 Posts
Well, I'm really out of touch here....just not enough time to keep up with everything happening in the forums. I knew Mike's Sinister Sister was in the June running....and what a superb custom bike it is. I just checked back in and confirmed the win...of which I had no doubt.

Mike....Thanks for taking us along for the ride. That's some serious and gorgeous iron you've built. Congratulations on the tiara ;) and thank you for sharing the good times here.
Thanks ST!
I appreciate it Brother.
Mike U.

·
Super Moderator
9,484 Posts
View attachment 429412 View attachment 429409 View attachment 429411

My favorite part of this bike is: This is my first Harley, (I have owned many other bikes) after getting married, multiple Army deployments, 3 kids, 2 businesses, I finally got the ok to buy this bad boy. It looked nothing like this when purchased. I've done most of the work myself besides the engine work and front suspension.

Upgrades: I'm probably forgetting a few.
Stage 5 110 tire shredder kit
Blacked out engine
Black forks with GP suspension adjustable mono tubes
Ohlins rear shocks
Cvo front fairing, with chopped crash bar
Kst customs black handle bars
Arlen Ness grips
Black stainless steel braided cables
talon wheels
Performance machine fork cans, shift linkage, horn cover, saddle bag hinges levers
Extended brake pedal and heel toe shifter
Harley cvo extended bags
Sinister sounds front speakers, ark audio 4 channel amp, American hard bag 6x9 lids with Hertz Millie pro speakers Sony 7000 radio
Harley alarm.
Harley defiance footboards front and rear
Vance and Hines headers
S&S slip ons
Vance and Hines power dual headers
Ciro taillight
Custom dynamics front turn signals
Corbin seat
@gilpincr Great looking Glide Bro!
Best of Luck.
Mike U.

·
Administrator
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
2,235 Posts

Keeping it old school - what the heck. Here's my 105th Anniversary Ultra. I go through a set of tires per season and the clock is currently at 95k kilometres and ticking. The bike has completed an Iron Butt and I take it out once per season on a 1-4k week-long ride to get the head cleared and the bike geared.

I've done a lot of upgrades along the way, almost all of them done in my garage and if not, I did them at someone else's garage. Most money is spent on improving the ride, but I have spent a little on bling along the way

Drivetrain:

110" Screaming Eagle, S&S 585G cams. S&S oil pump/lifters/push rods, Baker Street Door, Baker 6th Gear conversion, Sportsman Bandit Clutch, RB Racing Spyder 2:1 custom exhaust, AN reusable oil filter, Jagg 10 row oil cooler, Rock Out inserts/drilled rockers, TTS Master Tune with 105hp and 110tq

Comfort:

Saddlemen Road Sofa seat, custom 16" FMB Choppers bars, HD heated grips for the Canadian mornings, AquaticsAV stereo, Focal amp with Polk MM652 speakers all around, Yaffe hidden heal shifter, extended brake pedal, spaced floor boards, Pro Action rear shocks, Legend Axeo front cartridges, True Track for stability, all new mounts/stabilizers, Madstad wind screen (should have done this first), Koso digital small pod gauges, custom blue/red led speedo and tach

Bling:

CVO chrome rims, Trask Air Assault, Trask Cam cover, Barnett derby cover - I just like seeing everything spin round n round, horn replaced with a bottle opener - I need a bottle opener, custom copper shift linkage, custom gas cover, some silly blue lights to try to make me feel young (didn't work), LED lights all around with Dakota line leveler, Ciro Bag Blades, Kury Silhouette clutch/brake levers

Probably forgot a few things, but anyways, I've had my greasy fingers all over this thing and that will never change, this one is staying in the stable until I can no longer hold it up.

·
Super Moderator
9,484 Posts
View attachment 429414 View attachment 429415
View attachment 429416

Keeping it old school - what the heck. Here's my 105th Anniversary Ultra. I go through a set of tires per season and the clock is currently at 95k kilometres and ticking. The bike has completed an Iron Butt and I take it out once per season on a 1-4k week-long ride to get the head cleared and the bike geared.

I've done a lot of upgrades along the way, almost all of them done in my garage and if not, I did them at someone else's garage. Most money is spent on improving the ride, but I have spent a little on bling along the way

Drivetrain:

110" Screaming Eagle, S&S 585G cams. S&S oil pump/lifters/push rods, Baker Street Door, Baker 6th Gear conversion, Sportsman Bandit Clutch, RB Racing Spyder 2:1 custom exhaust, AN reusable oil filter, Jagg 10 row oil cooler, Rock Out inserts/drilled rockers, TTS Master Tune with 105hp and 110tq

Comfort:

Saddlemen Road Sofa seat, custom 16" FMB Choppers bars, HD heated grips for the Canadian mornings, AquaticsAV stereo, Focal amp with Polk MM652 speakers all around, Yaffe hidden heal shifter, extended brake pedal, spaced floor boards, Pro Action rear shocks, Legend Axeo front cartridges, True Track for stability, all new mounts/stabilizers, Madstad wind screen (should have done this first), Koso digital small pod gauges, custom blue/red led speedo and tach

Bling:

CVO chrome rims, Trask Air Assault, Trask Cam cover, Barnett derby cover - I just like seeing everything spin round n round, horn replaced with a bottle opener - I need a bottle opener, custom copper shift linkage, custom gas cover, some silly blue lights to try to make me feel young (didn't work), LED lights all around with Dakota line leveler, Ciro Bag Blades, Kury Silhouette clutch/brake levers

Probably forgot a few things, but anyways, I've had my greasy fingers all over this thing and that will never change, this one is staying in the stable until I can no longer hold it up.
Right On Ian!
Your Glide is looking sharp Brother.
Best of Luck!
Mike U.

·
Administrator
2,235 Posts
Thanks Walt!
Mike U.
What colour would your bike be if it wasn't black? I always like asking the black guys their other opinion other than, and I quote, "if it ain't black it ain't me".

·
Super Moderator
9,484 Posts
What colour would your bike be if it wasn't black? I always like asking the black guys their other opinion other than, and I quote, "if it ain't black it ain't me".
Ian I would either go with Pearl White or Candy Apple Red with some type of Graphics or Pin Striping on either color.
I would consider Green but I’m “Old School” and a Green Motorcycle was always considered “Bad Luck”.
Mike U.

·
Administrator
2,235 Posts
Ian I would either go with Pearl White or Candy Apple Red with some type of Graphics or Pin Striping on either color.
I would consider Green but I’m “Old School” and a Green Motorcycle was always considered “Bad Luck”.
Mike U.

Even though I am Irish, I don't believe in 'luck'; so green is always a good answer. lol.

·
Registered
2018 Bonneville Salt Pearl RGS 128, 2015 Mysterious Red Sunglo RG 103
68 Posts
This is my 2018 RGS "Storm Trooper." What I favor most about this is the color. This is my around town bike. I wrench on it as much as my ability allows. I left the big stuff to the experts.

First was comfort.
16 inch BR Bars with large Avon memory foam grips. Mustang Super Touring Solo seat. Defiance collection driver floorboards, highway and shift pegs. Memphis Shades 6.5" spoiler windshield. Stage II front speaker and amp.

Cosmetic was next.
Color matched inner fairing from The Fairing Exchange. Klockwerks color matched wrapper front fender from The Factory Match. Chopped engine guard and fairing support. Had some custom paint laid down by a great indy shop Johnston Paint and Body, color matched heat shield, saddlebag levers, CVO fairing spoilers, or fangs, CVO style rear fender extension, strut covers, and welded the holes in the stock rear fender to resemble a CVO. 3D printed Bar and Shield on the tank. Two inch lowering springs in the forks and One inch lowering block in the rear. Black bolt kit from HD. Native Custom Bagger flush mount front axel. Custom Dynamics Halo headlight, taillights and windshield trim lighting. DD Custom front turn signals. Advanblack extended side covers.

Drivetrain
First I upgraded to "Stage II" Stock air cleaner with K&N air filter, S&S 475C cam with adjustable pushrods, decatted stock head pipe to CFR mufflers. After about 100 miles something happened and the block cracked below the VIN plate. HD said the block was from a "Bad Mold." Block was replaced and everything was reinstalled and bike rode great. The stage II 107 was very strong, then HD introduced the "Stage IV" 128 and 131 kits. I had to have it! After riding with the stage II awhile, ordered the 128 kit. Upgraded to the Extreme Ventilator air cleaner, 2020 oil pump, back to solid pushrods and Dynojet tuner. It was dyno tuned to 132/132. It is a blast to ride. The last cosmetic item is the custom128 Stage IV primary cover.

Being a solo bike, and having a wife that loves to ride with me, I dont get to take it out as much as I like too. When I do get to ride, it is a blast and gets quite a bit of attention.

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,715 Posts
Well looks like I am voting for everyone this month lol. Love the blue bikes. @Zedbra has kept his old girl looking great. I am a bit of a sucker for black and white with the great mods and engine work @Layndrag has done I can't decide which one is the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is my 2019 CVO RG in Red Pepper/Black Hole. Not too many mods/upgrades yet as I'm still broke from putting the Stage IV in it earlier this year.

• 131 CI, Stage IV kit
  • Vance & Hines Dresser Duals
  • Tab Performance 4.5" Bam Sticks with Zombie baffles
  • S&S Tuned Induction air breather

Todd
Carlsbad, NM

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
This is my 2019 CVO RG in Red Pepper/Black Hole. Not too many mods/upgrades yet as I'm still broke from putting the Stage IV in it earlier this year.

• 131 CI, Stage IV kit
  • Vance & Hines Dresser Duals
  • Tab Performance 4.5" Bam Sticks with Zombie baffles
  • S&S Tuned Induction air breather

View attachment 429590
View attachment 429591
View attachment 429592

Todd
Carlsbad, NM
Welcome. The Red Pepper CVO is my favorite paint scheme. The #1 Logo on that bike inspired the pin striping on mine.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
I wish they would have had this contest in 2018 when my bike was fresh. I just don't put in the level of detailing people who show their bikes put into them.

·
Administrator
2,235 Posts
I wish they would have had this contest in 2018 when my bike was fresh. I just don't put in the level of detailing people who show their bikes put into them.
The oldies are the best ;) C'mon - my old beast has 10 years on ya, but it's still rolling down the highway and it's worthy of a pic or two any day, all day.

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 429412 View attachment 429409 View attachment 429411

My favorite part of this bike is: This is my first Harley, (I have owned many other bikes) after getting married, multiple Army deployments, 3 kids, 2 businesses, I finally got the ok to buy this bad boy. It looked nothing like this when purchased. I've done most of the work myself besides the engine work and front suspension.

Upgrades: I'm probably forgetting a few.
Stage 5 110 tire shredder kit
Blacked out engine
Black forks with GP suspension adjustable mono tubes
Ohlins rear shocks
Cvo front fairing, with chopped crash bar
Kst customs black handle bars
Arlen Ness grips
Black stainless steel braided cables
talon wheels
Performance machine fork cans, shift linkage, horn cover, saddle bag hinges levers
Extended brake pedal and heel toe shifter
Harley cvo extended bags
Sinister sounds front speakers, ark audio 4 channel amp, American hard bag 6x9 lids with Hertz Millie pro speakers Sony 7000 radio
Harley alarm.
Harley defiance footboards front and rear
Vance and Hines headers
S&S slip ons
Vance and Hines power dual headers
Ciro taillight
Custom dynamics front turn signals
Corbin seat
this is really a sweet RG. Evdrything looks perfect on it. Well done, sir.

·
Registered
4 Posts
View attachment 429414 View attachment 429415
View attachment 429416

Drivetrain:

Comfort:

Bling:

My first Harley was a 100th anniversary Heritage Springer in Gun Metal Pearl. % years later the MoCo came out with the 105th anniversary bikes and I love the paint scheme. Very lovely RG you have here,sir. Treasure it for as long as possible.
Todd

41 - 60 of 67 Posts