Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched thru the site. Found one thread, that mentioned directly to the hot starter wire, and the frame. Good to know !

But, given that some might have those little jump packs. With a few that are set up to plug into the lighter socket (car), I have to ask.

Has anyone made a reverse plug, to connect to the trickle charger pig tail ? Will it work to jump the battery/bike ?

Maybe have to leave it plugged in for awhile ?

·
Registered
913 Posts
I searched thru the site. Found one thread, that mentioned directly to the hot starter wire, and the frame. Good to know !

But, given that some might have those little jump packs. With a few that are set up to plug into the lighter socket (car), I have to ask.

Has anyone made a reverse plug, to connect to the trickle charger pig tail ? Will it work to jump the battery/bike ?

Maybe have to leave it plugged in for awhile ?
You can't jump start your bike through the trickle charger wire. The wires can't handle current. Usually there is also a fuse that will blow if you try. You can trickle charge (low current) only. If your battery is completely dead, most trickle chargers will not work. The circuitry doesn't detect a battery.

I use a "Halo" to jump start, but on the battery https://www.amazon.com/Halo-Portable-Laptop-Charger-Starter/dp/B07FM85W13 . It is small enough to carry on rides.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts