Road Glide banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today traveling over some rural country roads a storm front pushed through dumping some pretty heavy rain. Coming around a increasing radius turn I encountered some pretty significant mud that had been presumably brought up on the road by a farmers tractor. The minute I made contact I felt my bike shift violently under me and the immediately straighten up as I then found concrete again. As my bars started shaking violently back and forth I knew instantly I was heading into a tank slapper. I rolled off the throttle, eased the clutch in and slowed the bike and managed to ride out of it.

My point? Please be aware, especially in the rain. Crap on the road gets slippery and even the slightest upsetting of the geometry of your bike can have horrific outcomes. Every once in a while we need a subtle reminder to be cautious out there..

Stay safe everyone, I need to go change my pants now

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Great job! A change of underwear is certainly in order.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I hear you...its been hot here lately and I was slow speeding in a parking lot..ran over a thick tar line and the front end almost washed out on me..scared the tar outta me...now im really looking for those same things on the road.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Glad you rode it out OK. Here in numbnuts Tn. they let the gravel wash from their driveways into the road and leave it there, cut their grass so the wet clippings are in the road, let their dogs run wild, so lots to dodge while riding. Be careful out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.