Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For this year, anyway. I picked up my first roadglide in June, It was pretty much stock, just some V&H pipes and J&M speakers...

It was about a 700 mile round trip, and raining so I had to do something about the windshield, and all the dealer had was windsplitter's...here it is after the swap, and offloading the FLHTI I traded in

So, we rode it...as much as a guy with a full time job and a 9 year old boy gets to anyway...

I loved the ride, but not the looks...and certainly not the windshield. Anyway, a guy in my club was making a bunch of changes to his SERG, so I offered to take some of his take off's At least the front wheel, tire and rotors...

I like that, but I still hate the windshield, and the bars actually seem more like a torture device...More studying here, and here's the results so far...

New (used) gunsmoke windvest in 12", and +2 sweepers...I was going to paint it, but I am in the middle of restoring a 78 lowrider, and also plugging away on a 55 chevy, so I didn't really need to add another body and paint project this winter...Maybe next year.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You might notice the snow in the back of the last picture...well, it's supposed to hit the 50's this weekend, so all of these changes will be put to the test. I guess I forgot to mention, I also added the HD wind deflectors, and have a rear lowering kit to install yet. I don't need it super low, so 1 inch will probably do it. It's just a little hard to handle when we're two up and fully packed.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Congrats on the ride looking good...

·
Registered
8,559 Posts
That's what it's all about. Modding the bikes to fit you and your needs. Looks good

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, it doesn't look any lower, but it feels better when I put my short little legs down...:) I only went down 1 inch, we'll ride 2 up quite a bit, and I don't want to be dropping the bags and moving the shocks every weekend...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts