Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Shark of the Month December 2013
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there has been a used stage 4 kit on ebay for 1500 dollars. I have been making offers for a few weeks and they finally gave in at 650. Im excited. I will put new rings on pistons and have the valves redone by my buddy who owns a machine shop. I need some reccomendations on cams to run with this kit. It has the 260 cams and i know i dont want those.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The 110+ heads in that kit will accept up to .660 lift, so your pretty wide open on choices. What kind of power band do you want? Also those heads need some additional work to flow well. When you get them cleaned up and remove the powder coat in the ports and you will see what I mean. Lots of casting and machining flaws.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will clean the heads and throttle body up myself. Im not looking to kill any dyno numbers. Just want a little more power. I think ive got my mind set on the Woods 400 cams. i like having torque more so than power up top.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Woods 400's are great cams, just need to be set up properly. Talk to Woods about getting your valve geometry right and you should be very happy.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i contacted fuel moto about it and they recommended me the 777 cams so thats the ones.

·
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just looked through your build yesterday. i dont think you will ever be done with body mods. haha sick bike though. Ive got mine tore down to the frame right now getting painted and whatnot but i wont be home till around june to get anything done.

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
HaHaHa thanks, ill be done with body mods here real quick.....the only thing "left" is to find a tank and I can wait for that til I find the right one, I hope :rolleyes:

Motor is next on the agenda, I was originally thinking something like cams and a ProCharger :D just for the pure "F-OFF" value, but I'm not a huge fan of the look of that sucker hanging of the side of the bike and I can build a pretty rowdy motor for the same cost.......time will tell, it won't be til next winter anyway

Hopefully your return date won't get pushed back on you so you can get back stateside and get that sucker back together!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cams

The woods tw400-6 is what I put in mine after I did the triple 7's I love the 400-6's they pull hard from idle to red line. They make some noise like a sewing machine but that's due to the high lift short duration. Call and talk to bob himself he will set you straight and get you what you want. Oh I have the stage IV 103 as well and couldn't be happier, unless I put nitros on this one like I have on my ultra.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts