Road Glide banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just completed the air ride on my '10 FLTRX. Was wondering if any of you that have done this mod, added a Schraeder valve as a compressor back up in case of failure. The stock ones are 4mm. All I need is a 1/8" push to lock by Schraeder valve fitting. Already tried Grainger. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I didn't add the schrader per say but I plumbed the lines in a way I can add the schrader to eliminate the compressor and solenoid if and when needed. I keep it in one of the fairing compartments just in case. I ran a line from each shock to a 4 way cross fitting or 4 way T fitting if you will. The other 2 lines run to the compressor and solenoid. The 4 way fitting is under the seat for easy access. I simply unplug the compressor line and solenoid line and insert the schrader which loops to each of the open fittings. It's not as complicated as it sounds

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Bought mine from McMaster Carr. I leave extra hose and the Schrader valve in my bag at all times along with a small hand pump. I'll send you the part # from McMaster Carr and price later tonight.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's all I am looking for. Someone who knows if they make a 1/8" push to lock by Schrader valve, and maybe where to get it. I have the hand pump. Was going to cut in a tee and run the bullhead of the tee to the part I'm looking for. Keep it semi accessible just in case. Thanks

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
That's all I am looking for. Someone who knows if they make a 1/8" push to lock by Schrader valve, and maybe where to get it. I have the hand pump. Was going to cut in a tee and run the bullhead of the tee to the part I'm looking for. Keep it semi accessible just in case. Thanks
Well they come in npt threads. Buy what ever size you want. Then take a push - lock and thread them together. The Schrader valves come in either male or female applications.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just ordered what I needed from Airedup. Got the items to do the gauge mod too to complete it for me. Thanks for taking the time to respond This site never lets me down.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Just in case any one else needs one, there is a hydraulic hose store in almost any town. They carry stuff like that. I was going to add one also, but the Harley air pump wont provide enough air pressure to even lift the bike. It takes about 80-90 lbs to lift. I will be carrying extra line and schrader to Sturgis but am going to look for a little air tank filler like the whip cream bottles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.