Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally decided on a set of speakers and got some Polk Audio DXi651's. I know I need some adapter rings. I currently have some 5X7's in the fairing. I tossed the stock speakers and mounts. I'm looking at the rings on eBay and one page says I need to get some H-D speaker grills again. Is this true? Can I just get some adapter plates and call it good? Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
SB, check out hawgwired for grills. I am not sure if they carry the adapters. What mounts did you throw away?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I threw away everything stock. I have Hogtunes 5x7 speakers and their grills in there now. I'm just wondering if I need the stock speaker mounts again?
I will check out Hawgwired though. Thanks.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SB, check out hawgwired for grills. I am not sure if they carry the adapters. What mounts did you throw away?[/QUOTEJ

Just checked out their page. Looks like all I need is a set of their rings and I'm good to go. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you threw away everything? Your gonna need the stock speaker adapters for after markets to attach to. You'll also need the oem adapters for the grills. Unless the Hogtunes 5x7's adapter bolts to the oem adapters. Post up a pic of what u have.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you threw away everything? Your gonna need the stock speaker adapters for after markets to attach to. You'll also need the oem adapters for the grills. Unless the Hogtunes 5x7's adapter bolts to the oem adapters. Post up a pic of what u have.
Okay, I'll get a pic up later. Maybe tomorrow. Gonna sleep after work, then ride later today.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts