Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finaly after having them shipped on the 9th they showed up last night on the 18th at 10:00pm, long wait!!

Im going to install these tonight after work, I sure hope they sound and perform better than they look. I already have layed all of the Dynamat on the outer fairing and some on the inner as well to help with the vibtration and increas the bass/midbass, otherwise im going to just go with my origonal plan of a nice set of MB Quart seperates and a Rockford 2ch amp.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 7.25 (not the Rocker) with the tweeters mounted on the grills, I didnt want to throw down for a amp this winter cause I spent allot on other mods already.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
SHould be a decent upgrade then. I had the J&M 5.25" on my street glide and they sounded a little better than stock.
of course now i have rokker subs, and 4- 7.25" and 500 watt amp. and almost satisfied.
Should be good improvement for the money!
But that shorty windscreen is not in your favor to be able to hear the tunes at speed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For the most part I upgraded cause the wife always complains she can never hear the stereo, Im not to worried cause I like the sound of the pipes and the motor better. I also put two USB ports and a AUX input in the right side glovebox and a spare 12v outlet in the left side glovebox. Those should come in handy..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was not impressed

I installed the J&M 7.25's with the tweeters in the grill and can't say I'm impressed -especially considering the price tag- with the performance. IMHO the sound is just about the same as the stock HD speakers. The only consolation I have is I gave a buddies widow the money for them since they arrived after he was killed in an accident, so they hold more sentimental value than anything else. I could not recommend them otherwise.

·
Registered
815 Posts
looking forward to hearing your review...looking at these

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
maybe you can just add your comments or review here. That way it will reach more people interested.
I thought about it, but not all of my opinions and review of these speakers is posative and rosey, so its probably best not to put it all out there. But I will say its also not all bad either.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
well my opinion on the regular 7.25's is they SUCK!! Mine failed in less then a year without a amp!! Im not putting down J&M because I now run there latest ROCKERS with there 250w amp and LOVE it. But to be fair also replaced there first amp that failed in about a year and a half. They upgraded the amp so I gave them one more chance. Besides it was easier to replace what was already there then go a different route. (THIS TIME) The amp would have been covered under warranty if I had ever registered it so again more my fault then J&M's

·
JMJOHN
1,002 Posts
Look at the 2012 J&M ROKKER XX StreetGlide in this video and it will give you an idea of how the J&M ROKKER XX speakers and ROKKER XTP amp will perform on your 2006-2013 RoadGlide ,,,,,

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wasnt even aware of a Rocker XX speaker, Im sure they sound much better than what I have. Volume is great when on a bike and this is loud but it has the dull hollow tone of music on a AM radio but very loud, thats the major dissapointment for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
12,454 Posts
I wasnt even aware of a Rocker XX speaker, Im sure they sound much better than what I have. Volume is great when on a bike and this is loud but it has the dull hollow tone of music on a AM radio but very loud, thats the major dissapointment for me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
They still play music on AM????? :eek: Try FM, MP3, Cds, or even a cassette, anything but AM and I think you will see an improvement. :)

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
146 Posts
I personally am a big fan of J&M! I purchased my '12 RGC August '12. (got a fantastic deal on a leftover). I immediately realized how bad the stock radio sucked! After many hours reading this forum, I decided on the J&M Rokker XT fairing speakers & 250w amp, which I ordered from PCPain. Almost immediately I regretted not spending the extra $$ and going with saddlebag lid speakers. SOOO...... I contacted PCPain and he gave me full credit on the 250w amp towards the 500w amp - big shoutout to PCPain!!!.
I ran the Rokker XT's for about 2 weeks while I waited for the new amp to arrive. I immediately noticed a big difference in sound quality from having installed just the Rokker XT's alone. And, as others have stated here, once the amp was installed the sound was fantastic!
I have not run any other brands other than stock so that's I all I can compare the J&M XTs to. I now ride a '13 110th anniv CVO ('12 RGC was totaled, but that's another thread) and I will say that the 4 way J&M setup blows away what my CVO has on her.
Just my $.02

1 - 20 of 21 Posts