Road Glide banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just had a race with a deer..........and I let it win.
I know that the road I was on is notorious for deer and I was looking out but I did not expect to look to my left and see one drag racing me! I actually heard his hooves on the asphalt. That made me look over. Bastid was looking right at me with it's tongue hanging out! I sped up, he sped up. I slowed, he slowed and of course you know what happened next. He made a super quick right turn directly in front of me. He cleared my fender by about two feet.
Damn, they are stupid animals. It was determined to cut me off, not unlike some Honda drivers I've come across lately.
WF
P.S. Yes , it scared the crap out of me!

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
I hit a deer on my way back from getting my 107 done. I hate those f*ckers. Every last one of them.

Glad you managed to avoid a catastrophe.

I was lucky - going slow, small deer, and only my front fender. But still I remember that little bastards face.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had an almost similar incident years ago while riding my KLR up in the twisties right before dusk. I saw it on my left coming down the hill. I slowed down thinking that it'd either see me and scoot away to its left or scoot in front of me left to right and away from me. But, noooooooo....it decided to race slightly ahead, then make an abrupt right turn toward me and jump BEHIND me :eek:, kicking and meeping (or what ever hell noise they make)...scared the banana-nut cake outta me....

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Just duck and go under that thing!

In my corner of PA, deer are very underpopulated. Over hunting, harsh winters, and predator populations, among other things have dramatically thinned the herd over the last 10 years. I'm an avid hunter and archer, I have began traveling once or twice a year away from home just to hunt new places and see more game. If any of you guys own land in PA or NY that has overpopulation issues, PM me, I'd be interested inkpp leasing hunting permission on it. Especially near Pittsburgh in wmu 2b.

I have come very close to hitting coyotes and bear several times. I worry more about hitting a bear than a deer around home. We have bear crossing signs like Nordics moose crossing sign. I seem to be good at hitting bats too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
66bblbird, how long have you been off the island? Lately deer here are a big problem east of William Floyd Pkway.

Deer get me more nervous than drivers bc they are so stupid and unpredictable.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Its been over 25 years since I rode on L.I. . Never worried about deer then, but many people are still stupid and unpredictable except, now they text!
WF

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
I am from Michigan and we got more deer then you can shake a stick at. You always see deer when riding or driving but you never see them when it is hunting season.
The way to solve the problem of deer running out in front of you is to mount a rifle on the front fender, you'll never have another deer run in front of you again. :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.