Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up these bars on sale with shipping for about $181.80 from Road 6 Customs. They are their 13" tall x 1 1/4" diameter. I used to have some 12" Outlawz back on my 2012 RGC and I really liked this style of bar but glad I found these.

I saw some videos and read some stuff on how to install however I noticed none of the videos or articles I read were of 2019's. I found that you indeed do NOT need to disassemble the TBW plug like you normally do. They now use a mini plug that fits right thru the bars. When wiring back I actually ran the controls harness first all the way thru then the TBW harness with very little hesitation. The clutch side was pretty much painless and required very little thought. super easy to run thru.

That's pretty much the only difference I noticed. Took me about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. to complete. One more reason I love this 2019.

Not the greatest pics but will at least give you an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
Ive got the same bars on my 17 RGU..... Love the 33" width of them.... got about 5k on them and I made the correct choice...

·
Registered
953 Posts
I’m liking those bars myself. Been on the fence between 10 and 12”. 11s might work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've only had the opportunity to put about 50 miles on with these bars but so far I like what I feel. I had something similar way back on my 12 so I had and inkling that these would work great too.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Beautiful bike. I’m looking for handlebars that I can drop down to get closer to me and my 5’6” frame. These look very good and I like that they are inch and a quarter so no adapter needed on my ‘17 RGU. I’ll have to give these some thought.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Beautiful bike and congrats on the Road 6. The funny think is the 2nd picture makes the bars look like they are taller than the 13" I need to look at my bike like that since I have the 13" Road 6 Customs Holey Rollers. Hope you like your bars as much as I like mine.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful bike and congrats on the Road 6. The funny think is the 2nd picture makes the bars look like they are taller than the 13" I need to look at my bike like that since I have the 13" Road 6 Customs Holey Rollers. Hope you like your bars as much as I like mine.
Well they are up there but I guess I did take the photo a little down low for that dramatic effect. They definitely feel taller than my old 12" outlawz although they are only 13" but perhaps they measure height differently.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I’d like to see more pics of those bars if you get a chance. I’m really interested in these.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’d like to see more pics of those bars if you get a chance. I’m really interested in these.

Hey Willy here are the pics you asked for. Got a chance to wash the bike from a heinous morning fog coupled with road construction dirt.

Attachments

·
Registered
953 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts