Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a V&H FP3 on my 2013 RGU. Went fairly smooth, considering I'm not well versed in using they type devises. Flashed the correct map (I think) and went for a ride.

After the first ride I get message on my radio screen ever time I turn it on. It says "Diagnostic Active Keyboard Disabled". I've found that if I turn it off, then back on, the message flashes then the radio performs as normal.

Anyone had this happen?

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Fp 3

I get the same thing on my radio. Choose to ignore it because it goes away. It's only happens in autotune and not all the time.

·
Registered
355 Posts
That's normal. It just means it was in diagnostic mode, meaning you were using a tuning device to flash a new map in, or it was in the mode to gather data.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Received an email from V&H. It stated:

Yes, this is normal with the new J1850 FP3 and touring models. You are going to see that anytime it's plugged in and the bike sees the diagnostic port is being tied up. We are trying to work on a solution for this, but as of now you would just need to flash a map and remove the FP3. Or, if Autotuning, once you 'finish' the Autotune you can remove the FP3.

Now I know.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Received an email from V&H. It stated:

Yes, this is normal with the new J1850 FP3 and touring models. You are going to see that anytime it's plugged in and the bike sees the diagnostic port is being tied up. We are trying to work on a solution for this, but as of now you would just need to flash a map and remove the FP3. Or, if Autotuning, once you 'finish' the Autotune you can remove the FP3.

Now I know.
i also have a 2013 RGU, how do you like the FP3? has it helped performance, cooling, any input would be appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts