Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the lowering Progressive Monotubes 1" lower (I already had Profile low springs installed). So basically same height as what I had. The ride difference is amazing. Aside from having to buy a 1 3/8 socket and some fork oil and bottom screws/w compression washers, it was fairly easy.

So, if you are sitting on the fence about these you are missing out on a fine tuned ride. Even an old fart can do this.....:D

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
After I get a few non bike related items taken care of the progressive monotube will be next

·
Registered
466 Posts
Putting my bike on the jack this week to do the Monotubes, powdercoated lowers and cowbells and check the neck bearing. All done in time for Fall riding season and ready to roll for SWV!

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Sounds good.. you'll like the how the monotubes improves the comfort of your riding.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
This is another thing that I have on the list of mods for mine... always procrastinating because I thought it was a lot of work to get them in place...

How much do you have to take out to drop them in? I guess that is time to search for a few how to's and videos.

Let's see... LED headlights, Monotubes (standard height, not lowering mine), new caps for clutch and brake fluid reservoirs (starting to show some corrosion)... almost there...

·
Registered
466 Posts
This is another thing that I have on the list of mods for mine... always procrastinating because I thought it was a lot of work to get them in place...

How much do you have to take out to drop them in? I guess that is time to search for a few how to's and videos.
Yep there is a very good post in the suspension section on how to install. Done by a "tank" member - he posted on youtube and provides the link. You will also want to do a search on the ignition removal - another good post with a youtube link. Not to difficult to accomplish the entire task - just watch the videos a few times and gather the tools and take your time. To me the scariest part was the ignition removal - but after watching the video, making the tool (1/4" copper pipe flattened) and actually removing and replacing a few times it was super simple.

Lots of hands-on useful advice here in the Tank.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Is it necessary to remove the fariing to install these?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Is it necessary to remove the fariing to install these?
Remove the instrument nacelle to expose the fork tube bolts. Hold on tight when those suckers pop lose and avoid putting your face directly over them. Don't ask me how I know.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I loosened the cap and then took the leg off. Then covered with a shop towel and finished removing. You have more control that way.:D:D

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Remove the instrument nacelle to expose the fork tube bolts. Hold on tight when those suckers pop lose and avoid putting your face directly over them. Don't ask me how I know.
Where did it hit you? :D

·
Registered
466 Posts
Finished the Progressive Monotube install into fresh glossy black powder coated lowers and cowbells, and did the neck bearing adjustment to wrap it up. Took it for a ride to check it all out. Wow, way better than stock! Feels like a whole new bike and rides like it is nailed to the road. Ready for SWV!

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts