Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2013 RGC. Just ordered the following:

LA Choppers Twin Peaks 14" Chrome bars
LA Choppers Cable Kit with ABS
LA Choppers Wiring Extensions with throttle wire
Arlen Ness Chrome Grips with throttle wire notch

What did I do wrong and what am I forgetting?

Also are there instructions on how to replace the cables, i see the sticky on the bars but he did not change the cables.

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
On my 2010 there is a green wire connector for the TBW. It will make life easier if you cut it off and solder it together. It will give you more room in the bars for the wires. Take pics or write down exactly how the wires go into the harness. There's lots of them and you don't want to get them mixed up. Good luck! If I can do it you can do it!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my 2010 there is a green wire connector for the TBW. It will make life easier if you cut it off and solder it together. It will give you more room in the bars for the wires. Take pics or write down exactly how the wires go into the harness. There's lots of them and you don't want to get them mixed up. Good luck! If I can do it you can do it!

Bikerdad did you swap the cables also, clutch and brake? if so did you have to run them all the way to the back and remove the gas tank and everything? I saw a video on youtube by LA Choppers of them replacing the bars and cables

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_rXjTnnvjY

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
You can get poly riser bushings from the dealer. I'd suggest those in lieu of aluminum bushings. They transmit too much vibration.

·
Registered
571 Posts

I did the same when I replaced the bars on my 2008, but did not cut and solder it on my 2015. It gave me a little bit of a workout trying to get that plug around the sharp 90 degree bends in my Vindikta bars. Hindsight being 20/20, I would have cut and soldered it again like I did on my old bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts