Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the progressive rear shocks 444 standard spring rate. Looking forward to getting rid of the air shocks on the RGX. I have the monotubes already installed in the front. I found a good price on eBay, so I went for it. I ride solo most of the time, am 200lbs so hopefully these will be a good setup. I like the hand adjustments for rebound. I am going to do the install myself, doesn't look too tough. I'll report back on what I think.

·
Registered
218 Posts
BrianU1
I installed the 444s on my Ultra and I love em, far superior to stock. Good purchase, now I'm thinking of the mono tubes for the front. The front seems to pound not float..!
Enjoy the 444s when you get them dialled in.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I did the monotubes up front and the 444's on the rear. I got talked into the heavy duty spring rate. That was a mistake. The springs never compressed, even over big bumps. It was like riding a hardtail. I'm just a bit heavier than you are at 220. I sent the shocks back to Progressive and they swapped the springs for free and put the standard springs in. They work great. This setup is so much better than stock. You will enjoy it.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I am using the Progressive 440s heavy duty and I love them but I am a bit heavier then you. I am also using the monotubes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts