Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
S'up sharks? I just got off the phone with John from Freedom Shields. Nice dude. Took the time to call me back and discuss my needs and confirm what the proper shields for my preferences was. Wound up with a 15" touring shield in the medium tint. Can't wait for it to get here. I'll get some before and after pics when it comes in.

I'm 6' around 300 with a 30ish" inseam. The stock 14" shield puts the wind right in my eyes and makes them water something fierce. I've tried every vent combination available and nothing helps. With the colder temps and the outrageous pollen count in East Tennessee moving from the goldwing to the RGU seems like it'll shorten my riding season. I can't have that.

I chose the Freedom Shield ultimately because the LRS has a crazy distortion right where I want to see a few feet in front of the bike at slower speeds in parking lots and such. The Harley Wind Splitter looked nice, but the demo I looked at was crazy scratched and it worried me that it was too easy to scratch. The Klockwerks looks very nice, but is a little pricey, and I got to look at a FS on a buddy's bike at work and I was amazed at the quality of the shield, the finish on the polished edge, and the clarity of the screen even at the bent portion. After talking to John on the phone, I was sold. Even gave me a military discount. Can't wait to get it on Bockscar and see how she rides.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I love my freedom shield. I also called and spoke with John over the phone. His customer service is top notch. I keep a coat of wax on mine to make it easy to get the bugs off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts