Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bit the bullet and ordered a new seat from Saddlemens. Normally don't order something like this without trying it first so I hope that it is as comfortable as advertised. Will know next week!

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have been on the fence with the Road Sofa LS Extended with backrest. It's a lot of money for something I've never seen or sat on. And while they are supposedly pretty good about a short trial period, I've heard that these seats really need to be ridden for 500-1,000 miles before they break in. In that case, a weekend trial isn't going to help too much because your butt will be sore from that first ride!

I've been in contact with an authorized Saddlemen dealer a few hours away from me, and he said he'd let me test his seat off his bike (which is well broke in) to compare against one of their new ones. He said it is night and day. So if we end up making it up there, I may pull the trigger too. They are, in my opinion, one of the nicest looking touring seats.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I spoke to a Saddleman rep at Sturgis (Black Hills H-D) back in 2013 about their Road Sofa. He had just ridden from HQ to the ralley and had them put the hardest foam in his seat, and he claimed he never had a better ride. They seem similar in construction to the Corbin Saddles. So, I can only speak about my Corbin, it being a hard sitting saddle, it never has been uncomfortable for me. I've put over 50,000 miles on it and never had to squirm or shift position for comfort, even during the break-in period of 500 miles. Make sure your passenger agrees with your choice too, mine didn't so I change out the seat when she rides! I suffer, she's comfy with the cushy stock seat!

Scoop

1 - 4 of 4 Posts