Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading enough threads to make my eyes cross, went ahead and ordered a set. Had WO515 on an 05 RoadKing and loved em. Figured I'd go with a little bit taller bar this time.

2011 FLTRU
Stock 15" windshield.
I'm 6'4" with long apelike arms.

Will update as much as I can for others doing their research.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
I didn't like how tight the clutch cable was so I went with a +4. I used the black cable to match the brake line. Good luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bars arrived Thursday and got them on Saturday. Thanks go out to Donk for his writeup that I referenced a couple times during this. Had never torn apart a RG or any HD fairing for that matter.
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=4745&highlight=DONK

Tried to run wiring inside bars with the green TBW connector but it was just too tight. Wasted a lot of time on this. Ended up cutting the plug out and soildering it together. Also lost the wires and plugs for the heated grips.

Re routed the brake line and clutch. They work like this but, are tight. Will run it as is for now and go with braided stainless +4-+6 . Save it for a winter project. Gonna go for a test ride today and get everything adjusted to my liking. No pics right now cause the bike is filthy.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Ive had the wo502s on for alil over a year and love them. Fit me nice. Get some pics up so we can check her out

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So far there is only one problem that I've discovered. The bike will not start if it is in gear. As soon as you put it in neutral starts right up. Pics in gallery (waiting for mod approval?)

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
There is a switch on the clutch lever perch that allows you to start in gear if the clutch is pulled in. Either you damaged the switch or the wiring. Possible you didn't get the wire(s) pushed correctly in the bundle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts