Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of pre wired complete 1-1/4 burly gorilla apes 16"

I really hope I don't hate them. Fingers crossed pics as soon as I get them.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I got a quote for a plug and play Yaffe Monkey 12" chrome bars/chrome switches. :eek: $1300 :eek:
Needless to say... didn't pull the trigger.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Thats probably still cheaper than what an HD dealer would charge for labor to do a bar install.
Dealer quoted me 1600 for 12" bar install. :) They did say that would be internally wired, and anything over 10" needs new cables.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up calling them back and changing the bars to the wild 1 chubby 16" blacked out with chrome switches.

I ended paying a touch over a thousand. I thought that was reasonable considering I'm getting internally wired chrome switches and housings. All cables and lines. And Levers. And my bike is only going to be down for 3 hours.

But the big reason I went plug and play us if I hate them I can go back to stock way easier.

I went with HCC. Hill county customs i think?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Local dealers up here won't do right angle bars. And the bars they do install with internal wiring has a minimum 6-8 hour labor charge.
I just called hcc to see how much difference price wise to do the 16 inch monkey bars. I about fell down. They said it would be an extra 380 dollars and 6-8 weeks to receive the bars from yaffe so 2.5 months to my door. Needless to say I'm sticking with the wild ones.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts