Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took delivery of my new 19 road glide special a couple months ago. Last bike was an 03 Honda VTX 1300. Life was good and it served me well. It was time to do an upgrade in epic proportions. Always liked the look and sound of Harley's and made in USA but couldn't justify the cost through the years. Life is good as well as short and decided now is the time to upgrade. Nothing wrong with riding what we can afford as long as were riding! That is what it is all about.

Well, I'm spoiled now. Having tunes for the first time ever along with cruise control and built in nav has pushed me way beyond happy. This thing is awesome. It wasn't cheap but it was totally worth it. I grin ear to ear every time I start it up. No regrets at all. Oh, and don't even get me started on fuel injected. What, no choke? Totally awesome!

Ride on!
Tim

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Congrats, Welcome to the Tank from Texas and enjoy!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on your new sweet azz scoot!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Congrats and many safe miles! We all know that smile all too well! Welcome to the tank from north Florida!

·
Registered
912 Posts
I took delivery of my new 19 road glide special a couple months ago. Last bike was an 03 Honda VTX 1300. Life was good and it served me well. It was time to do an upgrade in epic proportions. Always liked the look and sound of Harley's and made in USA but couldn't justify the cost through the years. Life is good as well as short and decided now is the time to upgrade. Nothing wrong with riding what we can afford as long as were riding! That is what it is all about.

Well, I'm spoiled now. Having tunes for the first time ever along with cruise control and built in nav has pushed me way beyond happy. This thing is awesome. It wasn't cheap but it was totally worth it. I grin ear to ear every time I start it up. No regrets at all. Oh, and don't even get me started on fuel injected. What, no choke? Totally awesome!

Ride on!
Tim
My most favorite bike was the Yamaha VMAX. In "the day" it was a fire breathing dragon muscle bike". I remember hitting about 133 MPH when the well documented "head shake" issue hit. I owned two and put about 60K miles on both. Never had a mechanical problem with either one. The reason I had two is I took a break when we first had kids. The problem is this bike has a 4-gallon gas tank with a range around 120 miles. It also rode like a rock. It probably was the same as riding "Twiggy" back in the 60s. Some will get this reference. That said, I did ride the IBA saddle sore 1K on my second one. I would had bought the second generation VMAX, but it had worse mileage and GOD still a 4-gallon gas tank!

That got me on the "slippery slope" of owning Harleys and bought a 2009 VROD AW >:). I bought this bike because of the forward controls. My aging body was more comfortable on longer rides. It was still a rock on the highway, but had better range and "similar performance".

My RGU is my last bike. I agree with you regarding the feature comforts including the long distance comfort, cruise control, storage, GPS, stereo, anti-lock brakes, gas range etc. The 900 lb weight in the city and the love/hate relationship with the dealers/MoCo are the biggest distractions.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
My most favorite bike was the Yamaha VMAX. In "the day" it was a fire breathing dragon muscle bike". I remember hitting about 133 MPH when the well documented "head shake" issue hit. I owned two and put about 60K miles on both. Never had a mechanical problem with either one. The reason I had two is I took a break when we first had kids. The problem is this bike has a 4-gallon gas tank with a range around 120 miles. It also rode like a rock. It probably was the same as riding "Twiggy" back in the 60s. Some will get this reference. That said, I did ride the IBA saddle sore 1K on my second one. I would had bought the second generation VMAX, but it had worse mileage and GOD still a 4-gallon gas tank!

That got me on the "slippery slope" of owning Harleys and bought a 2009 VROD AW >:). I bought this bike because of the forward controls. My aging body was more comfortable on longer rides. It was still a rock on the highway, but had better range and "similar performance".

My RGU is my last bike. I agree with you regarding the feature comforts including the long distance comfort, cruise control, storage, GPS, stereo, anti-lock brakes, gas range etc. The 900 lb weight in the city and the love/hate relationship with the dealers/MoCo are the biggest distractions.

Welcome to the forum!
WOW!!! I also had a Vmax. I can honestly say "That bike ruined me!" Ive always loved the power and the cruising ability of it and the fact that I could hurt most of the sport bike guy feelings.. Im actually looking at a Ducati XDiavel for a second bike because of that bike and @SteadyEddie in Deadwood. My bike would head shake at about 145 and when it did you better be super focused or your asswas going to be in a bind. No throttle, clutch and no brake until it stopped then get back on it. I could run it until I knew it was on the freaking edge and hold it there. I hated the fact that I had 2 more grand before red line when it did it... Anyone seen or heard from Redddsss...?

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
looking at a Ducati XDiavel for a second bike because of that bike and @SteadyEddie in Deadwood. ...?
Don't blame me for trying to keep up with you - If you had that Doc in DW, I would have been toast.........

Miss those roads and your goofy ass man.......need a Mid Year SW somewhere soon man

1 - 20 of 28 Posts