Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fuel Moto now has a K&N a/c assembly for the M8 that uses the ventilator cover. (I believe T Man had one they came out with over a year ago, but the price was way more.) They are selling it as a direct replacement of the stock ventilator, which I've been looking for. They claim increased flow and HP. I've installed it already. Great fit and finish. Pic of it installed, and also a side by side of the stock CVO filter and the new filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Fuel Moto now has a K&N a/c assembly for the M8 that uses the ventilator cover. (I believe T Man had one they came out with over a year ago, but the price was way more.) They are selling it as a direct replacement of the stock ventilator, which I've been looking for. They claim increased flow and HP. I've installed it already. Great fit and finish. Pic of it installed, and also a side by side of the stock CVO filter and the new filter.
I can't believe a CVO doesn't come with a K&N. I put the Ventilator on my 17 and it came with a K&N.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
It is a nice filter but the only way that it will give you increased airflow and more Hp is if the original filter was restricting airflow in the first place. That answer would be no it wasn't. The ventilator breather is more than enough for a stock 117". Now if you plan on building on the 117" and making it a 128" with a larger 66mm throttle body, ported high flow heads, and high lift cams, then yes the new K&N will come into play and add extra airflow and Hp over the original stock filter. The fact is that once the engine can achieve its maximum air intake, adding a larger filter from that point will not help it take in anymore. Its max is its max...

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a nice filter but the only way that it will give you increased airflow and more Hp is if the original filter was restricting airflow in the first place. That answer would be no it wasn't. The ventilator breather is more than enough for a stock 117". Now if you plan on building on the 117" and making it a 128" with a larger 66mm throttle body, ported high flow heads, and high lift cams, then yes the new K&N will come into play and add extra airflow and Hp over the original stock filter. The fact is that once the engine can achieve its maximum air intake, adding a larger filter from that point will not help it take in anymore. Its max is its max...
FM claimed in a discussion that the stock ventilator air cleaner is great to just above 100 hp, then it becomes restrictive. Which, if true, means that yes, it is sufficient for the stock 117". While I haven't done a 128" build, I have done cam's, exhaust and a tuner, and I'm sitting at about 105hp, 125Tq. Changing to a 2 into 1 this month when it arrives, so just wanted to make sure the a/c was not holding anything back.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
FM claimed in a discussion that the stock ventilator air cleaner is great to just above 100 hp, then it becomes restrictive. Which, if true, means that yes, it is sufficient for the stock 117". While I haven't done a 128" build, I have done cam's, exhaust and a tuner, and I'm sitting at about 105hp, 125Tq. Changing to a 2 into 1 this month when it arrives, so just wanted to make sure the a/c was not holding anything back.

I don't know if I buy those claims but it is always better to have more than what you think you will need anyway. I do like the K&N better than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if I buy those claims but it is always better to have more than what you think you will need anyway. I do like the K&N better than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's why I called them claims. And like you said, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't short changing myself with the stock filter.

·
Registered
317 Posts
jchar27.......I have also been looking at his filter to replace my stock CVO filter on my 18 too. I also just saw the SE extreme filter from HD that is claimed to flow 35% more then the stock cvo filter. What do you think of this, about $370 for everything?

https://www.harley-davidson.com/store/ventilator-extreme-air-cleaner

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts