Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any interest in the KC area on getting together for a 1 day ride when the weather finally gets nice? Don't really have a date or destination in mind, just testing waters for interest.

Open to ideas and dates.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I know some are headed to Devils elbow to meet up with the east side and south side of midwest sharkys but there is room for more.And we are hopeing to put some dinner meets BBQ runs we just can use this thread to through up some dates.Here is a simple one saw a place last weekend and did some research its not a day ride but could work as a simple meet and great ride.Its called Hillsdale bank BBQ.in Hillsdale KS.its out by Gardner and only open Friday thru Sunday has a Sunday brunch.Never been there but the reviews look good.Saturdays when the weather gits nice Wabash BBQ.has life Blues outside on Saturday nights.Just a couple of some suggestions I have more but I am open to any.We have a good group of members on the forum.

·
Registered
354 Posts
At the rate mother nature is postponing spring, I'm thinking it's gonna be May before we can do anything. Man I'm sick of this shitty weather! But yes, I'm up for any meet n greets once it warms up. Really keeping fingers crossed for the Devil's Elbow trip, but I'm afraid the weather is going to push it off another month.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm always open for a ride on a nice day. I also have a nice ride out of Hillsdale if we want to do that. In fact did it last Friday when it was 80 with some non sharks.

I'm just hoping this weather gets the hell out of here SOON!

·
Registered
586 Posts
I'm in. Love to get together with the sharks in this area. Riding and BBQ always sounds good. The weather in this area around this time of year is fickle at best. 80 one day and snow the next, but it will get better and I will be ready. :)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All this snow, nowhere to go. Can't stop thinking about where I would be riding to if it were nice. So I am throwing out some ideas for a day ride. Not that I am suggesting one over the other, just putting them paper. Maybe more of a list we continue to add too and check off 1 by 1.

Cassaday, KS for bike run Sunday. Went down there last fall, there on I-35, back on 177 & 56. Nice 300 miles.

Fort Scott, KS. Civil War museum is interesting. New 7 or 69.

I have heard of a 1 day dam run into MO, but don't know which damn dam the guy was talking about. (i don't know much about the lakes area)

Around Lake Perry and HD in Topeka is an ok way to pass a day.

Just ideas. Cabin fever is making me crazy. :eek:

·
Registered
953 Posts
All this snow, nowhere to go. Can't stop thinking about where I would be riding to if it were nice. So I am throwing out some ideas for a day ride. Not that I am suggesting one over the other, just putting them paper. Maybe more of a list we continue to add too and check off 1 by 1.

Cassaday, KS for bike run Sunday. Went down there last fall, there on I-35, back on 177 & 56. Nice 300 miles.

Fort Scott, KS. Civil War museum is interesting. New 7 or 69.

I have heard of a 1 day dam run into MO, but don't know which damn dam the guy was talking about. (i don't know much about the lakes area)

Around Lake Perry and HD in Topeka is an ok way to pass a day.

Just ideas. Cabin fever is making me crazy. :eek:
All of those are good rides. Could add Under Cliff Bar for a lunch run come back up thru Joplin and a quick run down route 66 to Galina then maybe a visit to Big Brutus or Ft Scott.

Dam run is either Bagnall or Truman. I've done 4 in a day. Stockton, Pomme de Terre, Truman and Bagnall. Actually not a dam run just more of a lake run. Long day.

Atchison KS also makes for a nice day run then down thru Weston. Or go further north to Rulo NE. Pretty ride up 7 north of Atchison.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
We can do a breakfast meet and greet maybe soon.Wabash BBQ. on a saturday late afternoon live blues in the summer.Anyone want to design a tshirt kc sharks

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Kansas City shark riders who is up for a breakfast meet and greet Saturday the 6th we will meet at the Big Biscuit in Prairie Village at 95th and Nall.So stop and have some coffee and breakfast Jim540 And super star Big Jack will be there unless rained out Hope to meet some of the forum shark riders

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If the weather cooperates, sounds like plan. what time?

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Looks like good weather! All forum members welcome if you have planed ride with a buddy bring them and start sat.with a good breakfast!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Sounds like a great way to start our weekend. Although Overland Park may call the Po Po when they see all us hard core bikers show up. :D

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hmm, early morning 70 mile cruise for a biscuit. Let me check my calendar. Oh look...not a damn thing planned. We'll see y'all there.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts