Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to tour the Harley factory this spring/early summer. Any advise on where to stay or what else to see while in the area?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Going to tour the Harley factory this spring/early summer. Any advise on where to stay or what else to see while in the area?

Not positive, but I thought I read someplace that that site was going to be closing. You might want to double check that or maybe somebody on here knows for sure before you head that way.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not positive, but I thought I read someplace that that site was going to be closing. You might want to double check that or maybe somebody on here knows for sure before you head that way.
Yes, it's closing in 2019. It's the only factory I have not been to, so I want to get there before they close it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hey Buzzy, I live in Kansas city, first thing BBQ is always a KC thing, some favorites of most people are Jack Stack, Q39, Kansas City Joes (one of the locations is out of a gas station, don't be fooled people line out the door for them during lunch time), B.B.'s Lawnside BBQ (they play live music on some nights), Papa Bob's Bar-B-Que, Gates BBQ, Arthor Bryants, and that is only a few.

If your looking for places to ride that is a different story, If ya want to walk around Plaza, Westport, and KCPL downtown are places that most people go, feel free to ask about most places around here, my wife and I mostly like to drink and eat, and honestly that is probably about 50% why I work out.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm a bbq fan so that's great! I'm not a shopping guy unless it's a swap meet. I might do the motorcycle museum in Iowa on the way. If there's any scenic rides I'd like to know about them. And places to stay or "not" to stay with the bike.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
If your going on the tour try to go on the steel toe tour instead of the regular. You get to see a little more. The motorcycle museum in Anamosa, IA is a good stop and you could pair it with the JP cycle rally in June. They both are little out of the way if your taking 35 down but if your doing 61 scenic down, make sure to swing into Poopys in Savanna and maybe the Pickers in Leclaire,IA before shooting over to Anamosa. We have made the trip a couple times and paired it with a Nascar Race and also a Twins/Royals game if your into that sort of thing and always Joe's for some BBQ.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
35 is not in the plan. So 61 might be good. I had thought maybe 169 going down. I haven't talked with anyone to nail down a date, but it's time to do that.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
35 is not in the plan. So 61 might be good. I had thought maybe 169 going down. I haven't talked with anyone to nail down a date, but it's time to do that.

If your doing the National motorcycle museum in Iowa, 61 or 52 are good routes depending on how much time your taking. 61 really nice riding but not the fastest way. If your not doing the museum 169 not bad either. Good luck with your trip planning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts