Road Glide banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We leave tomorrow morning for Kentucky. Plan to do the Bourbon Trail. It may be very warm, but we still plan to have a lot of fun. We are going to try to hit them all over a 3 day period (2 to 3 per day). Also plan to hit a couple "Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives" restaurants from the Food Network. One is in Lexington called JJ McBrewsters and the other is in Frankfort called the White Light Diner.

·
Life Member With a Grey Beard
2,122 Posts
That sounds like a great ride! Love being on the Glide and love bourbon (not at the same time, per se :D)

Have a great time! And enjoy some good mash.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Planned to do this same ride back in late May, but was side lined by a hamstring tear. Hope you have a great time and please post some trip notes/pics for those of us who follow!
Ian

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
+1 on JJ McBrewtsters, some great bbq. You can do the whole Bourbon Trail in one day if you only spend 20-30 minutes at each stop. Otherwise if you tour the distilleries it will take you two because of the hours they keep. It's a great ride though and free samples!! I have a Bourbon trail t-shirt for the swaparoo..

++1 on the heat. did 600 miles today from Tucumcari to Joplin and finally gave up the ghost and hit the hotel....it is HOT HOT HOT!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Ahhhh Burbon. Sounds like a fun trip. I like the triple D spots also. I don't know if you have an IPhone but I downloaded an app called Flavor Town USA. It shows all the DDD spots in the area you are in with a link to directions. I don't know if it's available for any other phones though.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
908 Posts
You can do the whole Bourbon Trail in one day if you only spend 20-30 minutes at each stop. Otherwise if you tour the distilleries it will take you two because of the hours they keep. It's a great ride though and free samples!! I have a Bourbon trail t-shirt for the swaparoo..

!
My wife and I rode the Bourbon trail last year, you need two days if your going to tour the distilleries. My wife does not drink bourbon but found it very fun and interesting. Each distillary does their tour a little differently. We did all six on the trail plus a few others.

Buffalo trace is not on the tour, but one of the best to take a tour of. It is near Wild Turkey and Woodford reserve and four roses which are on the tour.

My wife and I both got the free tee shirt for doing the tour. We will do it again, I am a huge bourbon fan.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I didn't do the whole tour, okay, I only did the Maker's Mark distillery since my Ambassador's bottles were ready. The roads around there are awesome!

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Good Info. I was planning to take a route thru that general area on my way back from Sturgis. I think I'll make that the route I take and then thru Huntington, WV and back towards home.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We ate at this place the last day of our Bourbon Trail tour. The experience was very entertaining. The guy talks to everyone that comes in, and makes the visit "more interesting". But don't try to argue with him because there is no way you can win.
http://rickswhitelightdiner.com/about-us-5

·
Super Moderator
5,851 Posts
Good Info. I was planning to take a route thru that general area on my way back from Sturgis. I think I'll make that the route I take and then thru Huntington, WV and back towards home.
Lemme know if you do, we'll meet up.

I didn't do the whole tour, okay, I only did the Maker's Mark distillery since my Ambassador's bottles were ready. The roads around there are awesome!

This is my neck of the woods. You cant find a bad road around here.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Post pics! Didn't get the chance to ride this when I was home, but planning on it once I get 'paroled' from here!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts