Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kenwood radio started going into protect mode. I have it going to a Rockford pbr300x4 with rca cables out to 4 Rockford 4 ohm speakers. cant find anything wrong with speakers and amp is not going into protect mode. so I took the Kenwood out and put the stock radio back in and switched the amp input from 4 channel to 2 this is wired high input in from the stock radio and I have had no problems. Has anyone had any problems with the Kenwood radio?

·
Registered
537 Posts
I have mine going into protect mode also. I have a marine unit, kdr555, I think. My shop says it's a speaker issue as well. I have a Hawg Wired amp and speakers that have been in since late 2009. I did a Google search and it listed two causes. 1 a speaker short and 2 was a part inside, I don't remember what it was called. I was going to look into again soon because I want some music back. I am thinking of getting some cheap speakers to see what happens.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I read about the speaker issue that's why put the stock radio back in and the only difference is it wires in with the high level input instead of rca cables and I have had no issues with the stock radio. Maybe it could be something with the RCA input of the amp or the cables or its just time to get a different radio

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.