Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 FLTRU. Has been on battery tender. Went to ride today with key fob in pocket and it required me to enter my pin. Did that, rode off, shut it off to get gas and restart....nothing but flashing turn signal lights. Wouldn't allow me to enter pin. Eventually, I was able to ket it started by entering my PIN. Got home, tried the 2nd key fob. This time it asked for my pin but after 10 seconds the I was allowed to start the bike normally without the PIN. What gives? Battery?

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Go with the simplest answer first and replace your batteries. They are probably the same age and went at the same time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree but don't understand why I wasn't even being prompted to enter my PIN when at the gas station.

·
Registered
761 Posts
They are a bit finicky about entering the PIN after you set off the alarm. Best bet is to put it back on the kickstand and leave it alone until the lights quit flashing. Then go through the PIN entry with it still sitting on the kickstand. Both my fob batteries went dead at the same time, but they were 6 years old.

·
Registered
22 Posts
replace your fob batteries, by your join date I am guessing you bike is a 16 or 17. also how far is your bike stored from the fobs? I had a customer that had to store his fobs almost 40ft away clear on the other side of his house for the bike not to pick them up. My bike and fobs are about 15 feet apart and haven't had any issues. But its good practice to replace your batteries once a year if not more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts