Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Info like this has helped me several times on this forum, so here you go! Got to where I would cut the ignition switch on, and nothing would happen for several seconds. Then, all of a sudden everything would pop to life, fuel pump cycle, etc. I was figuring the switch was going bad, but I happened to notice a momentary “key FOB” alert on the speedo. Changed FOB battery and all is well. Evidently if the battery is weak it takes a little time to figure itself out, but originally got no FOB warning at all. Stay safe!

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Info like this has helped me several times on this forum, so here you go! Got to where I would cut the ignition switch on, and nothing would happen for several seconds. Then, all of a sudden everything would pop to life, fuel pump cycle, etc. I was figuring the switch was going bad, but I happened to notice a momentary “key FOB” alert on the speedo. Changed FOB battery and all is well. Evidently if the battery is weak it takes a little time to figure itself out, but originally got no FOB warning at all. Stay safe!
I don't know about the Rushmore bikes, but on the pre -Rushmore bikes the fob had no affect on the bike's electrical cycling on . It only shorted out the starter.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
+1 on what Bobz said. Changing fob batteries yearly is a no brainer.

Everyone should change their fob batteries once a year - they are cheap and can cause weird stuff to happen.
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
643 Posts
I carry spares as well. Lesson learned when your in a hurry it will get you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I keep spares taped to my tourpack top. For either mine or someone elses emergency.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts