Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter woes.

I went out to start the bike and neither fob would disarm the security to start the bike.

I replaced both batteries but still nothing. I never set a security bypass so not sure if there is a factory one to bypass the security.

Any ideas to trouble shoot the system? All worked great when I put the bike on the tender in Dec.

Thanks.

Frank

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
Double check the polarity of the FOB battery. Lots of people mess that up.

Reactions: 09Sharknose

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Out of curiosity where is the fob signal picked up? Is it on the alarm module thingee itself? Cause mine doesn't always pick up right away. Even after putting in some fresh batteries.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I never set a security bypass so not sure if there is a factory one to bypass the security.
there is no set default. different dealers use different codes. my dealer uses the last 5 of the vin.

I never could understand why someone wouldn't set the code and learn how to use the security system. happens all the time, 'I left my fob in the garage, had to have the wife bring it....' and so on.

the system can be affected by rf interference as well. you may park somewhere where the rf will block your fob communications. at that time, you have 2 choices - push the bike around the parking lot until you find an area without interference, or use your security code to bypass it. I don't know about you, but I'd rather push the turn signals than a 900lb bike.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
there is no set default. different dealers use different codes. my dealer uses the last 5 of the vin.

I never could understand why someone wouldn't set the code and learn how to use the security system. happens all the time, 'I left my fob in the garage, had to have the wife bring it....' and so on.

the system can be affected by rf interference as well. you may park somewhere where the rf will block your fob communications. at that time, you have 2 choices - push the bike around the parking lot until you find an area without interference, or use your security code to bypass it. I don't know about you, but I'd rather push the turn signals than a 900lb bike.
My code was 11111, changed it before leaving the dealership. Definitely easier to push buttons than the bike! lol

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Other factory code is 31313. Good luck.
Thank you Sparky! That was the code that was set in mine. Promptly changed card in my wallet and now to get some new batteries for the FOB's and hope that's the issue.

Stay tuned.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts