Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 RGS- When i put key in ignition switch & try to lock it by pushing down & turning clockwise , it is hard to turn. Im afraid of breaking the key. I tried WD40- no help. This happens when locking & unlocking. Any help???:frown:

·
Super Moderator
12,295 Posts
I had the same problem for a while on my 17. I removed the ignition and made sure it was aligned correctly, put it back in, lubricated it, it’s been fine now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
2015 RGS- When i put key in ignition switch & try to lock it by pushing down & turning clockwise , it is hard to turn. Im afraid of breaking the key. I tried WD40- no help. This happens when locking & unlocking. Any help???:frown:
I have the same exact problem. I have had the ignition switch out a few times, all works good except the fork lock. Having them flush my brakes soon i'll have them look at it. They will either tell me it's normal or I need a new ignition for god knows how much.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Sometimes it's the simple things that are overlooked so don't be insulted by this question: Are you making sure the wheel is turned all the way to the left before you try to lock it? If it's not fully left, it is sometimes hard to lock the fork.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the forks to the left. Even tried moving it back & forth a little, no luck!!:frown:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Sounds like its not aligned right inside. Happened to me before because i took the ignition switch out without the forks locked. I had to take the switch out with the forks all the way to the left, and stick a screwdriver down there. There was very little movement, but i turned the screwdriver to the left just a bit and i could feel it kind of move back into place. Put the switch back in and i never had a problem after that. Lesson learned

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Had this on mine, warranty repair. The took the switch apart, cleaned and lubed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts