Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody here know if the Khrome Werks Chrome Custom Bend Stretch Heritage Bars will work on a 2012 RGU with the Stock cables, Want more reach and height however do not want to change cables. does anyone on this forum have these bars installed and do you have a pic????

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Don't know what they look like but I have 12" apes pushed all the way forward and internally thier was plenty of slack. The cables fit, but I had to re-route the clutch cables.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone???? Else???? any experience out ther with these bars?????

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Need to know the specs on the bars....height, pullback, etc. If the bars are less than 12" rise you should be fine, other than re-routing the clutch cable. Or post the part number from Khrome Werks.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have the Chrome Werks +2s and they work just fine with the stock cables. I don't think that will help, not sure though so I thought I would post. Question though, can't the folks at Chrome Werks tell you if they will work or not? Might be worth an email or call.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will try to call thanks the part # for the ones I'm considering are 300043

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Looking at the specs I can't say for sure that you won't need some extension on the cables. You're looking at a 13" rise but only 5" back. The +2's are a little over 11" rise with 9" pull back. I have the +2's on my '07 (not TBW) and only had to reroute the clutch. Here's the link to the Khrome Werks specs
http://www.khromewerks.com/handle_bars_specs.htm

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys, I went ahead and dropped it on a set of Heritage style bars and put them on myself, they did the trick and I'm perfectly happy with those, probably because the bike I owned before this one was a Heritage Softail and I'm really used to the feel of those bars. at 5'10 with a 33 inseam they give the right amount of height and pullback that I don't feel like I'm leaning foward and my hands are almost at shoulder height. here is a side shot of the installed, was able to do it myself so total cost was bars only at 76.50 out the door, took me 2 hrs with no cable changes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts