Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2012 RG the kick stank is harder to reach than the wife '06 Road King, and my '08 Ultra Classic. Could be just the new frame, but it is still quit a reach.
Also I noticed that when I extend the stand, lean the bike. The stand grabs, and I have to rock it back and forth a bit to get good placement.
this normal? Doesn't seem like the stand is sitting flat on the pavement.
I was thinking I might throw a rag on it grab a set of vise grips and see if I can turn it about 1/8-1/4 inch to make it sit more flat.

Any thoughts?

·
Gone But Not Forgotten
3,814 Posts
I had a 07 FLHT STD & now a 11 FLTRX & never noticed any difference. Bend your kickstand with visegrips, ain't going to happen. All the things you're talking about are
normal. I always look down & make sure the kickstand slides into the notch & yes it'll move a bit.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I always do a simple suggestion from here - leave it in first gear, shut it off, clutch out, and roll it forward "against the transmission". Always sits well & stable.

·
Registered
7,446 Posts
The Leg Stop (locking tab) on the jiffy stand can and will wear causing the bike to roll a little bit more and it can be replaced if needed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.