Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey now, I have an 04 I trecently bought used. The problem I am having is that when ever i put the kickstand down the bike rolls forward until it hits the stop in the stand. This happens either on level ground or not. The only time it doesn't do it is when the bike is facing up hill. My question is if there is any ajustment that can be made or is there is a part that is bad. Its a little scary seeing my bike roll forward till it hits the stop and hoping the stop, stops it and the kick stand allways angled back. The bike doesnot seem to be lower in the front causing it to be, i guess front heavy. Anyone have this issue or have seen this before?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Nothing really you can do. It still freaks me out when i see it moving. Just make sure everything is tight and dont worry about it. Everyone gets the pucker feeling

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, i was afraid that would be the answer. My Nightrain is so crisp and tight , its hard to beleive there could be such a differance.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rlaf75, thanks, you defanantly put me at eaze with the thread. I guess i'll use the 1 st gear method.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You'll get used to it.......freaks other people out too:eek:

My 06 did the same thing but the 04 didn't.....

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The only thing that put my mind at ease was to put the bike on a lift and take the kickstand apart. Once I saw how it was designed I could quit worrying. I still have gotten into the habit of holding it forward with my toe until the bike comes to rest, though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
It is definitely "normal" for these bikes but I still don't like it. I had a close encounter where the stand got just out of the groove and it fell over on the crash bar because I caught it. Now I won't get off the bike until I roll the bike forward in gear, let it catch, put the stand down and then carefully dismount. Really would love to see a more "positive" engaging kickstand.

·
Registered
226 Posts
kickstands.....

This scared the whatchimacallit out of me seven years ago when I first rode my shiny new Glide.....I guess it is an intuitive learned behavior, but everytime I put my kickstand down, I pull the bike back until I am certain the stand has locked...this action also allows me to align the front wheel in the direction I want it headed....it is easy, and alco reasurring that the stand is locked.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I went in to my dealer and after the inspection they did say that my 2011 Ultra is a little excessive. So they did order me a new one.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Like most of the others, no matter how long you own one, no matter how many times you are told it is how it was made, that it is made to do that, every time it moves forward someone is going to jump:eek:, my wife hates that ---- thing, always makes her jump, an always gives me a :D!!!

Never had one fail yet!!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 2012 rolls forword as well, I laugh when people see it moving and freak out "your bike is going to fall!"

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
It will pucker you up a bit...I just make sure I park in gear and turn the wheel all the way one way. It just makes me feel better.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Harley stands have done this since the wheel was invented,as long as you kick the stand all the forward, and then let then bike down on to the stand there'll be no problem,trust me it ain't going too fall over.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts