Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Never heard of them until yesterday. Any good?
Kicker is good stuff. Had them in my 04 flht and you could run them super loud and they wouldn't distort any. I'm thinking about putting some in my road glide

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have kicker 6.5 in my fairing running off arc bx 125 the are loud but the sound quaility leaves a little to be desired.I had JL Audio C3 650 there previously but they are little delicate. Kicker good speaker for the price the JLs are pricey

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've got a set of 6.5s in the fairing being pushed by a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X2. I couldn't be happier. The price was great and they are loud enough to hurt my ears in the garage. Sound fine at 70mph.

I have to vent a little here. I have seen many posts about this speaker being better than that speaker etc,etc,etc. I am a firm believer that it takes a little effort to tune/dial in a sound system. Most people crank up the gain, set the frequency range way too low, and then expect a pair of 6.5s to be earth shakers. Whatever you buy, take the time to get the settings right for the speakers and you might be surprised how good they can be.

·
Registered
986 Posts
When I had my 02 FLHT, I ran Kicker KS' for awhile. 3 sets of 6.5" speakers, with an Alpine cda9886 head unit, & an Arc Audio 125.2 amp, which was later changed out to a SS 520.4 amp. The speakers sounded good, but I later switched them out to Polk Audio 6.5's, & the Polks were alot cleaner sounding. Nothing wrong with the Kickers though. As stated above, they've been around a long time.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
213 Posts
Kicker and Polk are both good speakers.
I had two Polk 6.5 being pushed by the RF pbr300x2. Didn't sound bad at all.
When I installed the JVC head unit I installed 4 Kicker 6.75. Two in factory and two facing forks. Using the same RF to push all four. Sounds very good.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
They've been around a long time and are a low priced alternative to some of the other speakers.

The best speaker for the price IMO is the Alpine SPR series.

Speakers are like everything else though, you get what you pay for.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts