Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon - New to the forum, but not new to bikes. Currently ride a 2008 FLHTP. Looking to do my first build. Ultimate outcome would be a road glide, however putting out the $ for a road glide, just to tear it apart and liquidate most of it is against my best judgment. I currently found a great deal on a 2014 road king police. The question is, how bad is the wiring change going to be? I know I just can't plug the glide fairing harness in, and be good to go, so I'm looking at replacing the entire harness. Are there major obstacles in the way? Will the ECM on the king work with the glide harness?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Do a little more research, but I believe it will be as easy as changing the wiring harnesses as far as electrical is concerned. Have you gone to a site like Ronnies HD to look at the parts schematics? Welcome to the forum, others have made conversions I'm sure someone will chime in and point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
The Harley parts book is amazing! Never had a bike with this kind of support. You can buy electrical parts down to the pin.

I know you only asked about electrical, but consider the front springs and the extra weight the fairing will put on the front end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts