Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 RGS. I plan on buying a king tour pack but don't want the king pad. I want a chopped pad on a king pack. So my question is, when you get a king tour pack, are all the holes predrilled from the factory for the pad?

The chopped pad needs only 2 holes while the king pad needs 6. I will order the unfinished pack and have the extra holes filled if I have to. I just need to know which way I need to go. Thanks..

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The holes are predrilled so you will have to fill them. I bought the new style King TP and my painter painted some plugs for me as I wasn't sure which pad I wanted to use. I finally decided on the chopped pad and it looks great that way and it takes 3 holes not 2. Another option might be to see if you can order the King bottom and the chopped lid. Then you wouldn't have to fill holes and drill new ones. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1427072413.718763.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1427072432.555248.jpg

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
the chopped tourpack that i put on my 2007 had 3 sets of 2 holes predrilled (6 total). so did the one i put on my 2010, and the one on my 2013 cvo.

how did yours only have 3?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The holes are predrilled so you will have to fill them. I bought the new style King TP and my painter painted some plugs for me as I wasn't sure which pad I wanted to use. I finally decided on the chopped pad and it looks great that way and it takes 3 holes not 2. Another option might be to see if you can order the King bottom and the chopped lid. Then you wouldn't have to fill holes and drill new ones. View attachment 184705 View attachment 184713
Im just going to end up buying the unfinished king TP and have the holes filled and painted. I got a price from a friend to do it for $100 with the body work and pinstripe. so Ill make out cheaper that way than any other way. So now the question is who has the best prices?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts