Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just thought I put this down for future reference for others when searching

Well, after a few months of dealing with trying to get a tour pak, I finally got it on!!!

Long story short: I bought an "in Excellent shape denim tour pak" from an outstanding member, UPS broke it upon delivery, was very dissappointed, stand up member helped out more than enough, back to the drawing board on ordering one.

That out of the way, here are some details. I ordered my tour pak from Lake Shore for $664.96 with free shipping. However, I had $325.00 in chrome cash so only really paid the difference. It is the Denim black

I ordered my tour pak from Lake shore on 04/18/2013 and got it on 5/17/2013

Denim with medium red pinstripe on top and NO antenna mount on back
Part # 153963-11DBN

also ordered the barrel lock kit, keyed to match. Part # 53194-07

I had already ordered the quick detach mount about 8 months ago using that as a luggage rack. No point in buying a nice one when I knew I was getting this. I went ahead and had it powdercoated gloss black before the tour pak arrived.

As for the wraparound backrest. I actually found a good deal on ebay selling an ultra two-up seat, wraparound and lower pad kit for $300.00 even. Brand new.

also got the Metalsports black Billet rack for the tour pak. I gotta say. this thing is slick looking and hella light. You'll see the photos below on how profile it is. I had this bar towel that I took and riveted some button on it to snap around the rack so when I put a bag on it it doesn't scratch it.

and one last thing. I also purchased a backrest off of ebay for $150.00 shipped brand new and it's pretty comfortable so far. still riding around to adjust to that final angle, but well worth it for the money. especially for those really long rides, which is the only time I'll be using it.

....and to the photos.

All ready for some tour paking!

Not the best picture, but you can see the detachable rack is black and this pic has the corbin seat on it. Doesn't really look that good with this seat. Best part is I can convert it back to that low bagger look in about 15 minutes (15 min, b/c the ultra seat also has the rider backrest mount which takes up the corbin mount)

From the rear. Low profile rack

and from the side. Gives you a real good perspective. The install was nice & easy. Got to say though measure, measure, measure, mark, measure, measure, measure.......walk a way.......measure, measure, set rack on top to double check, measure. Set drill on marked locations, pull away, measure, set drill and commit. It wasn't that bad, just make sure you get right the first time.

and the pic of the bar towel with the button i put on it to use as a cushion to protect the finish on the annodized rack. Bag i have that goes on top only reaches to those points. that's way it doesn't go all they way to the ends. When I get a bigger bag, I'll get a bigger towel.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great Paul. I like that rack a lot. If Mine didn't come with an airwing I'd be interested in that one. Any plans on black latches, hinges and lower fillers??
The Metalsport claims this will replace any stock H-D rack using the same holes.

I actually do plan on upgrading the latches & hinges to black and blacking out those lower fillers and quite honestly the hinges aren't even chromed. look more like just stainless hinges. Anyways, I will work on those once I recover from this expense. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
The Metalsport claims this will replace any stock H-D rack using the same holes.

I actually do plan on upgrading the latches & hinges to black and blacking out those lower fillers and quite honestly the hinges aren't even chromed. look more like just stainless hinges. Anyways, I will work on those once I recover from this expense. :rolleyes:
Better get busy making LED kits!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great looking tour pack and rack.
I noticed you bars looking good too. Which ones are they?

Thanks and the bars are the 12" Outlawz by Wild One Inc.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, It just seems to flow the best IMHO. They sure are proud of them though. I purchased mine of ebay from Eastern Performance for $250.00 shipped. I do know they were on back order and then as soon as they had them stocked, I ordered it right away.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
it looks really dark back there
That's what she said! Sorry, I had to. :D

Yeah, I'm thinking of putting those LED sticks in the rear fascia part to light it up a bit and possibly replacing those chrome accents on the bottom with smoked lense LED lights.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ya era tiempo. Pancho
Pancho!!!!!! Yeah tell me about! Took a year, but I guess other mods got in the way :rolleyes: My wife is loving it that's for sure.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Looks great Paul. My wife wanted the tour pack and back rest so I went with my Ultra I got a week ago. If not this I would have that same exact bike, very beautiful!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Thanks. You definitely can't go wrong with an Ultra. Congrats.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.