Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up a tour pak for my ‘17 RGS. I was able to attach the luggage rack without any issues but now for the hard part. I have to attach the wrap around brake light but there isn’t any type of template for placement or where to drill the holes. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
332 Posts
I made a template with paper and painters tape. It was no fun but it worked. You just need to make sure you keep the paper level when making the holes. Check 3 or 4 times before drilling. It was the side holes that got messed up on me. I had to
Drill those twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
I made a template by taping a splatter target to the inside of the light then trimming to fit the edge of the housing after making cut out for harness and antenna connectors.
The clearance for the connector will need to be opened up 1/8" on all sides for connector relief plus a bit more for the locking tabb.
Poke holes through template for mounting screws.
I measured a light bar on an Ultra in the show room. Told sales manager what I was doing and used a cloth tape used for sewing so as not to damage anything.
Tape off the mounting area with painters tape then fasten template to TP and measure 3 times to ensure you have it level and even side to side before drilling then measure it again.
I used 1/8" bit for pilot holes and a Roto-Zip for the harness connector opening.
Used a step bit for antenna connections.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Are those H-D lights? Most of the lights I have been looking to purchase attach with an adhesive tape. All are aftermarket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So now a new question. I have the harness from Harley to plug in the brake light but not sure where it the harness is at on the bike. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Someone will correct me if I’m wrong but I believe it’s under your seat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts