Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taking a long cross country ride this summer. Planning to spend the night in Kingman, AZ. From what I have read that area is generally the home of the Hell's Angels. Anything to watch out for or be concerned about? Only spending one night there after a long ride then riding to Phoenix the next morning. Thanks

·
Registered
999 Posts
Not sure...

...about Hells Angels in Kingman, AZ but the Pagan's in Frederick, Md. were not a problem.
Stopped in a watering hole while out riding with a buddy and a big crew of Pagan's rode up and came into the bar. They seemed like regular guys to me. No problems.
Maybe they're like a hornets nest, only a problem if it's F'ed with.
Ya know?

HSP

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Really? You planning on starting something? If not, don't worry about it. I've been to Kingman more times than I'll admit and never, ever had any trouble (that I didn't create).

But, that goes just about anywhere.

Don't believe all the horseshit you see on Gangland...

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
MCs are everywhere man. All across the country and world wide. Generally if you dont mess with them, they wont mess with you

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
If you see them flying colors don't go up and bug them. I doubt you will even see any. Now if you go to thier club house and start spouting off you might not have a good nights stay but other then that stay at the Holiday Inn and enjoy the jacuzzi.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Just because they wear the death head logo don't make them bad people. I've met a few of the locals here at events and never encountered any problems, and that was after me (not knowing they were HA) commenting on their handlebars being straight out of an SOA episode. We all got a laugh out of it, and I'm still breathing. If you don't look for trouble you'll probably not find trouble. Enjoy your trip, and as stated before "Don't believe everything you read or see on TV"

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
You got nothing to worry about. Most of them keep to themselves unless you say or do something stupid. Or...where a patch thier not a big fan of...:eek:

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Thru there a few years back. No problem. While you are there check out the Rt. 66 museum just west of Mr. D'z Route 66 Diner.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I ride all around that area as its only 150 mile from home. Route 66 through Peach Springs, Hwy 93, over through Oatman and ya know, never had a problem. It's been my experience all over the the world that if i treat people with the same dignity and respect that I want, I never have an issue. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Wasn't going to go there but just got to, Man its like being afraid of the sun or rain. Just ride and enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Time to turn off the cable TV.
+2.

After 44 years of riding "heavyweight" machines (including in So Cal and here on east coast of FL), I find that bikers are bikers. If you look for trouble, then you'll probably find it.

If you just "do unto others...", then you'll be fine.

·
Registered
955 Posts
No HA's in my part of the world but Texas has a pretty big 1 %'er club. Just don't disrespect anybody and you'll be fine, man.

I've been told that if you're ever riding behind a MC group that it isn't wise to pass them. I'm sure it wouldn't be cool to end up within their formation if you cannot get past all of them in one pass.

You'll be fine. Enjoy the ride!

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Unless you're wearing a patch they don't like, you should have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Only troubles you'll encounter are the troubles you instigate....

I have spoken with a few of the east cost chapters while at Laconia Bike Week,
commenting on their smokin' cool R/G's.
After a 10 minute conversation I shook their hands and continued on my way.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
Only troubles you'll encounter are the troubles you instigate....

I have spoken with a few of the east cost chapters while at Laconia Bike Week,
commenting on their smokin' cool R/G's.
After a 10 minute conversation I shook their hands and continued on my way.
Was one of them you spoke with on an 07ish that he painted denim black, roughly 6'3" from CT? If so, hes a good dude. Hes the one after an hr of shooting the shit with him proceeded to wheelie across a parking lot and down the street. It was great

1 - 20 of 54 Posts