Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have this shield? My KW 14 sport flare developed a crack and I want to replace it with something that does not vibrate below 2200 rpm. I was considering the Memphis Shades 8.5 vs The 12 in KW pro touring. I don't want the pro touring if it vibrates like the sportflare. Any input would be great.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I know your looking for info on the pro tour. I had one and didn’t like it. Also had the sport flare and didn’t like it either. I am running Long ride shield now. They are cheap and out perform the KW in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I have a 15" Pro Tour that I would like to sell. Not sure if that would be too tall for you though. I am 6'3 and it worked well for me (I never noticed any vibration).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got back from a dealer that carries KW and Memphis shades. I tested a Memphis 8.5 dark smoke and it looked fantastic on the bike. Went for a ride and could feel turbulence around and over my head. Tested the KW 12 Pro Tour next and the air was nice and clean. Love the looks of the Memphis but purchased the KW. BTW the 12 pro tour does not vibrate like the 14 sport flare. The 14 sport flare has the cleanest air in my opinion but I hated when it would vibrate.

·
Registered
49 Posts
After a lot of reading and research I have a 15 Pro Tour on the way - I am 6'3", but all torso...so hoping this was the right solution! Will post photos once installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts